YMCA Member Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

YMCA Member Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Feb 27, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Olympia, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at YMCA (Olympia, WA) in July 2016.

Interview

I had an interview with the member service coordinator as well as the member service director. They both asked me questions about previous experience and how I would deal with a variety of difficult situations. Most of their questions were very detailed rather than the general interview questions. However, the interview was very easy and straightforward for me. The interview lasted around 30 minutes and they also showed me around the facility.

Interview Questions

• What has been the worst experience in a customer service setting? How do you deal with this situation?   Answer Question
  • What sort of work environment do you enjoy?   Answer Question
  • Do you consider yourself a team player or do you work best individually?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for YMCA

Anonymous Employee in West Barnstable, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at YMCA (West Barnstable, MA) in July 2012.

Interview

The questions mainly consisted of the YMCAs core values and how the applies to your life. The questions are taken directly from a questionnaire and there are always at least two staff in the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at YMCA (Boston, MA) in May 2013.

Interview

There was a phone interview where many simple questions were asked and a lot of clarification was done. Then there was and a one on one interview where more questions were asked and I was also given the opportunity to ask questions if I had any. The interviewer explained the job and daily tasks that would be required to obtain the position. I was given a tour of the facility and met a few of the staff.

Interview Questions

• Name a difficult situation you have death with in the work place when dealing with a customer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at YMCA (Orlando, FL) in October 2011.

Interview

I applied in-person and was contacted by phone 2 days later for an in-person interview. I interviewed with two of the staff in their downtown corporate office, and they were primarily concerned with my work ethic, personality, and availability. They were also seeking someone with the ability to take direction, and make sure you were a team player.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you have handled a challenging customer in a past position.   Answer Question

Member Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YMCA.

Interview

Easy, phone interview that lasted about 10 minutes and an in-person interview the following week with the center director and one other person. Got a call one week later with a job offer and had one 3 days to accept or decline.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? I honestly did not want to work there at the time, but needed a job. And now I love it!!   Answer Question

Negotiation

did not negotiate. I had a degree and was desperate for a job...any job.

Member Service Representative Interview

Interview

I had one interview with the membership director as well as an additional staff person. At the time it was a pretty easy and smooth process. There is new management now so it might be different. I walked in to drop off my resume and was scheduled for an interview about a month or two later.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I knew what the duties entailed. At the time I didn't and was told that I should know this information whenever I apply for a job/have an interview.   Answer Question

Member Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at YMCA (Atlanta, GA) in February 2013.

Interview

After completing an online application I was called in to interview with the director of Member Services. She was very ice and seemed quite pleasant. She asked me the basic interview questions, however focusing on customer service. Asked about my experience and why I would like to be apart of the YMCA team. Also made it very clear that they aimed to provide the very best customer service and experience. I was showed around a bit and was told I would hear back soon. I was then called in again to meet with one of the member services managers who was not as pleasant as the lady I'd met with before. She seemed like she didn't like her job but it paid the bills. She reiterated the focus on customer service and told me "you don't get paid a lot so you have to like what you do". This was awkward but we soon finished. I was then sent an email shortly after that meeting offering me the position and I went in to fill out paperwork and started working the following week.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the YMCA.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at YMCA (Brooklyn, NY) in December 2013.

Interview

I sent in my resume, and received a call within a few days. There was a lot of snow, but hiring manager was reasonable an allowed me to reschedule interview. I came in sat in an interview with 2 people (person i spoke with and the director) and they asked quite a few questions, describe yourself in a nutshell, what do you think you can bring to the team

Interview Questions

• If you were alone (no supervisors around), there's people calling on the phone a long line forming and a difficult customer at the front of the line what would you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, I expected minimum wage and got significantly higher (i didn't complain)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at YMCA (Orlando, FL) in September 2011.

Interview

Applied in August of 2011 for a couple of positions within the YMCA, Was called for an Interviewed in September 2011 and had good reviews and was told that I would be called with the details of the interview. The hiring manager called and revealed that she did not offer me the position because a position I was more qualified was coming available and would keep in contact. We kept in contact weekly for the next several months and the position never became available. Around May 2012 I was contacted again by the same hiring manager and offered an interview at another YMCA in town, interviewed there and did not receive the job. Fast forward to January 2013, I was contacted once again by the same manager for another job that I was "very qualified for" I went to interview at the downtown office, took a tour, met the majority of the higher management team, filled out a application in person and from that moment never had another follow-up call or anything again.

Interview Questions

• All questions were very generic such as describe yourself, how can you help the company, what are your thoughts on wellness   Answer Question

Members Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at YMCA (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in August 2009.

Interview

Interview process was easy, waiting for the initial new hire paperwork, background checks, takes about 4-6 weeks before getting the official okay to start.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. They have a set pay rate for this position.