YMCA Member Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

YMCA Member Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Feb 27, 2017

2.2

Member Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at YMCA (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Did phone interview with HR employee initially. In-person interview process was done with the Membership manager and HR Manager. Pretty straightforward interview, in and out under 10 minutes. Typical customer service oriented interview questions.

Interview Questions

• When was a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer ?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for YMCA

Anonymous Employee in Olympia, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at YMCA (Olympia, WA) in July 2016.

Interview

I had an interview with the member service coordinator as well as the member service director. They both asked me questions about previous experience and how I would deal with a variety of difficult situations. Most of their questions were very detailed rather than the general interview questions. However, the interview was very easy and straightforward for me. The interview lasted around 30 minutes and they also showed me around the facility.

Interview Questions

• What has been the worst experience in a customer service setting? How do you deal with this situation?   Answer Question
    • What sort of work environment do you enjoy?   Answer Question
    • Do you consider yourself a team player or do you work best individually?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at YMCA (Wichita, KS) in September 2016.

Interview

Group setting interview with members of leadership team. Little group exercise to observe you interacting with people and then 2 groups to discuss experiences and situational "problem solving". During the group discussions it was open for anyone to respond so it was a chance to see how you listen and respond and be respectful of other people talking also. Overall it was fairly informal and relaxed. Be knowledgable of the values of the organization and try to use that knowledge to form your responses to questions and scenarios.

Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at YMCA (Hollywood, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

Pointless. Just asked the times and days i wanted to work and what i thought the YMCA meant to me. Just spoke to me about the YMCA's in Europe and what they did. I tried to talk about getting into Full Time positions but completely avoided the question.

Interview Questions

• Are you flexible with your hours?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in West Barnstable, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at YMCA (West Barnstable, MA) in July 2012.

Interview

The questions mainly consisted of the YMCAs core values and how the applies to your life. The questions are taken directly from a questionnaire and there are always at least two staff in the interview.

Member Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at YMCA (London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview was really great. I was interviewed by group of panels asking me a lot of questions. It was really nice but at first i was really afraid. They asked me a lot of questions starting from What is my name? My experience? My Background?. I really had a good day over there. Thanks

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at YMCA (Tacoma, WA) in December 2013.

Interview

Got an email from membership director giving two dates for group interviews asking which day I could attend. Met with group of others in lobby and we were given a tour the Y we were applying for. They asked different questions and we just raised our hand if we wanted to answer it.

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at YMCA (Alexandria, VA) in February 2014.

Interview

Interview was pretty quick. They get you by telling you that the reason why you get paid so low is because of the free membership you recieve which is a lie. A few questions and it was over. All questions are easy and simple. And you get a tour of the facility when it's over.

Anonymous Employee in Silverdale, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at YMCA (Silverdale, WA).

Interview

It was slightly awkward as it was a group interview with 6 other candidates. There were two directors that lead the interview and they took turns asking different questions and asked that if we felt the need that we should answer the questions. We took turns answering different questions however many of the interviewees were only able to concur with what answers the others had already given.

Interview Questions

• how you would react to a disgruntled Customer and other customer service questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at YMCA (Boston, MA) in May 2013.

Interview

There was a phone interview where many simple questions were asked and a lot of clarification was done. Then there was and a one on one interview where more questions were asked and I was also given the opportunity to ask questions if I had any. The interviewer explained the job and daily tasks that would be required to obtain the position. I was given a tour of the facility and met a few of the staff.

Interview Questions

• Name a difficult situation you have death with in the work place when dealing with a customer.   1 Answer