YMCA Membership Services Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

YMCA Membership Services Representative Interview Questions

2.2

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at YMCA (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Very informal. The first time i interviewed with this company the manager was wearing jeans. You meet with a manager or supervisor in either their office or a meeting room. From there they dive into asking you questions. After the interview process they give you an opportunity to ask some questions, they’ll give you a tour of the facility and then they will let you know they will follow up with you via phone once they complete the interview process.

Interview Questions

• questions 1. tell me about yourself
    question 2. how do you handle a difficult situation give an example
    question 3. do you have a leadership background
    question 4. how do handle business and personal relationships at work   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for YMCA

Membership Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YMCA.

Interview

Applied online through their website. Recieved a phone call to schedule an interview about two weeks later. Interview felt awkward. In a small space with another employee doing his work at a desk.

Interview Questions

The hours and the pay were not as posted. Wanted me to work specifically early hours and could not gurantee me more than 10 hours per week.

Membership Service Representative Interview

Interview

Lots of, "What do I do on my spare time..?" Questions which focus on the potential employee's personal life.
    The hiring process wasn't very lengthy. It was a standard background check and drug test. However, in order to clock in or use the computer for crucial work related tasks you need a Daxko ID number which wasn't given to me for about 3 weeks. This made my job very tedious for that time, but other than that it was a seamless transition to this new job.

Membership Service Representative Interview

Interview

Submitted an application, was asked a few questions on the spot when I turned it in, was asked to come back at a prescribed date and time to have a full interview.

Membership Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YMCA in December 2013.

Interview

Applied for the position online. When contacted for an interview I was also asked a few (easy) general interview questions. The interview itself was pretty easy, no difficult questions and nothing that caught me off guard. Know what's on your resume and go over basic questions and you'll be fine.

Interview Questions

• I was not asked to do this but since I started the interviewer has asked the applicant to go walk the floor in the fitness center and interact with the members. Upon return the applicant would be asked who they talked to and what they talked about with the member.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Membership Services Representative Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at YMCA.

Interview

Overall, the hiring and interview process was really easy. You go in, get a tour of the facilities, then give a tour to a current employee.

Interview Questions

• They didn't ask anything difficult. None of the questions were hard, but I'll post what they asked me anyways:

1] Why YMCA?
      2] Tell me a little about yourself
      3] What do you like to do during your spare time?
      4] Can you swim?
      5] What do you want to do in life?   Answer Question

Membership Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at YMCA in September 2012.

Interview

You are asked typical interviewing questions. You can typically tell if they will hire you are not. After I was hired it took two weeks for them to complete my background check.

Interview Questions

• If a homeless person who did not have a membership ask to use the restroom, what would you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Set pay.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at YMCA (Kansas City, MO) in January 2011.

Interview

One phone call to schedule an interview. They ask that you come in, dont worry about dressing up as it is a very informal interview process. The interviewer will ask a few general questions like, "tell me about yourself" and "what other experiences do you have?" After that you will have time to ask any questions that you want and go over your resume for things that they may have missed. You leave and wait about a week to get a phone call back. I got one back a week later and came in to fill out my new hire paperwork and began shadowing soon after.