YMCA Summer Camp Counselor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

YMCA Summer Camp Counselor Interview Questions

Updated Mar 13, 2017

2.2

Summer Camp Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at YMCA.

Interview

it took two weeks. After applying, I heard back in a few days and they held a phone interview. Since it was almost time for camp to start, they just told me that they would email me the questions and I would have to respond the next day. Then there was a 2 and half hour long in person interview about experience and case studies. After that, they gave me an offer after three references wrote back to them.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for YMCA

Summer Camp Counselor Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at YMCA.

Interview

It was an phone call interview. The person just asked various questions about what kids I would like to work with and wanted a references to confirm that you are good for the job.

Summer Camp Counselor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at YMCA.

Interview

It was easy, we lead and played games just as you would with your campers throughout the day. Everyone there was super nice and didn't make things awkward when you're all adults playing childhood games.

Summer Camp Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at YMCA.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted for a group interview. The first group interview was small, only three interviewees, and each person brought a game, craft, or song to the interview that would work in a camp setting. The second interview was more traditional, and focused on questions regarding leadership and real life scenarios.

Summer Camp Counselor Interview

Interview

It was a group interview, and many of the questions pertained to hypothetical situations and how you would react in them. Everyone was very friendly and nice. some of the questions were difficult to think of an answer on the spot, but i didn't feel any pressure because it was a very nice environment.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a child fell and injured their leg on a field trip?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at YMCA (Sarasota, FL).

Interview

Very straightforward interview focusing on skills and scenario questions to ensure that you understand that the children and community and the safety of the children come first. Be confident with your skills and highlight your experience with kids. I've always dress for the job that you want but look professional and understand if you can't get this and you would be applying for but make sure that you look professional and put together

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my experience with children   Answer Question
    • They asked me hypotheticals Anthony area situations to ensure that I could answer accordingly and urgency or safety issue related to camp for anything at the YMCA   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at YMCA (Houston, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Got a phone call, told me if i was interested and available for an interview. Took about 15mins and i got hired on spot. ( i had already been working there for another position)

Interview Questions

• Why i wanted to work summer camp   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at YMCA (Baltimore, MD) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview consisted of a phone screen and then, if selected, an in-person "try out." The most difficult part was the try-out, but if you showed enthusiasm and general likeableness, there's no reason not to get an offer. Overall the experience was pleasant.

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at YMCA (Raleigh, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

It starts with a face to face group interview.
    If you make it past this you will be called back for a one on one interview.
    Staff is very friendly and encouraging.
    The interview is mainly a screening process to make sure you can work with kids.

Interview Questions

• What do you hope that the kids at camp will gain from their summer camp experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at YMCA (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Applied in February, HUGE group interview (70+ people) started with an ice breaker then we learned a fun and simple dance and sang along to popular songs then we split into groups and rotated to different camp directors where they each asked 1 or 2 questions. At the end of the group interview you wrote down your top 3 camp choices. If you got a second interview they called you a few days later for a one on one and then asked for references before officially giving me the job.

Interview Questions

• What was your most creative/innovative idea and how did it turn out   Answer Question