YMCA Teacher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

YMCA Teacher Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2017

2.0

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at YMCA.

Interview

Reference needed, interview and on the floor interview. The interview went well. There were around ten questions in total. Then after my references checked out I had to do an on the floor interview. Which was fine as long as you are comfortable with children.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for YMCA

Teacher Interview

Interview

Submitted resume and cover letter online. Came in and did a demo lesson with the class I was going to teach. Spoke with supervisor for about 30 minutes. Asked me various questions about curriculum and lesson plan design, parent outreach, community involvement and discipline.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Toms River, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at YMCA (Toms River, NJ) in October 2014.

Interview

Easy going. Over the phone, then in person. Really relaxed interview, came in and was asked about my experience and what I hope to achieve out of this role. The interview was 20 minutes at most and got a call back within a couple days. Overall experience was pleasant.

Anonymous Employee in Melrose, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at YMCA (Melrose, MA) in January 2014.

Interview

Met with Director and assistant director. Director did not seem to care much about goals for the program, they seemed eager to just hire. They emailed me first, then I came in for a phone interview. Days later, I received a job offer and I negotiated a pay rate because what they offered me was unreal. ALWAYS NEGOTIATE IF YOU ARE MORE THAN QUALIFIED. The turnover rate is interesting

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiate pay, especially if you are over qualified.

Anonymous Employee in Porter Ranch, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at YMCA (Porter Ranch, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

apply online, I reached out to the person I wanted to work for. I had to get drug tested, have a physical done and a TB test, which was all paided by the YMCA

Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YMCA (Newport Beach, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

Got a phone call, scheduled an interview, and got an offer on the spot. My first perceptions was that it was a nice and clean classroom environment and that the workers there were very professional. Work culture was positive an a great place where I could grow as a teacher.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle child A and child B fighting over a toy?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Consider asking them to increase hourly rate if you have more experience.