YP Inside Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

YP Inside Sales Interview Questions

3.3

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Inside Sales Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at YP.

Interview

Dress nicely; churn is high and you will be hired just for showing up. It does take a few weeks, though, because every process at YP is bureaucratic. Don't use big words; the managers are not educated people.

Interview Questions

• The questions are all easy and it doesn't matter how you answer. Churn is high and YP will hire anyone to do sales for a while.   Answer Question

Negotiation

there is no negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for YP

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Henderson, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at YP (Henderson, NV) in November 2012.

Interview

Interviewed with sales managers. One manager was not focus on the interview as he was busy with his cell phone. Overall interview was great.

Interview Questions

After reviewing the company and how they actually do business I was not impressed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at YP (Cedar Rapids, IA) in September 2012.

Interview

I received a call from a recruitment company that saw my resume posted online. I was advised it was a position for web-based sales, not cold calls. The recruiter provided me with some helpful tips and questions for me to ask like: What do you expect from the individual taking this position? What are your concerns regarding me, if any for this position?
    The interviewer was dressed business casual and the inside of the building looked pretty much the same. Staff coming and going, very relaxed environment. It was a call center and lots of chatter in the cubicals.
    Some of the questions were pretty standard: What was your favorite job? What was your least favorite job and why? What skills do you have that make you a good candidate for this position?
    Now for this position, you are doing sales calls to businesses indicating they are interested in additional services and you are given a territory to call on. In closing, I was asked to sell myself for the position. How would you convince me that you are the right person for this position?

Interview Questions

• How would you convince me that you are the right person for this position in a sales pitch?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Henderson, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at YP (Henderson, NV) in August 2012.

Interview

After submitting my application online I was contacted by a recuirter a week later to give me a phone interview. After i based that I was invited for a 1 on 1 in person interview in the henderson Nv office for outside sales position. The person that interview me was rude and was on his phone texting most of the time while he was asking me questions. Then I had to do a sales role play and then he tells me "Hey you would do great at inside sales" and then I was introduced to inside sales managers at this location. I was very upset because I do best with outside sales and I don't want to be a telemarket/phone monkey. So i told the manager I would think about it and two days later I took the job just for the heck of it. Pretty much if you can breath you can get this job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None