YP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

YP Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2017

2.8

Na Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YP.

Interview

Excellent technical and behavioural interview process. Starting with recruiter phone screen, Director phone screen and day long on-site. Process was smooth, without a glitch. Persons were punctual, knowledgable, courteous. The experience was awesome.

Interview Questions

• Array manipulation to determine anomalies, data structures and algorithm questions for technical. Experienced based questions for management.   1 Answer

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YP.

Interview

Applied online, received an email from a Recruitment Consultant asking to set up a meeting. We agreed on a time she'd call me and she never called. Twice. And then stopped responding to my emails.

Surprisingly unprofessional!

Media Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at YP (Pleasanton, CA).

Interview

Pretty standard interview process. Review of your work experience, why YP, etc. You get to meet the team and some leadership if you get that far. I was a referral so my process was probably a bit shorter than most.

Interview Questions

• Sell me something. Basically you have to come up with something that you would want to sell them and make your pitch. Literally it can be anything, just as long as you stand behind your product. This may/may not include curve ball rejection scenarios.   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at YP (Tampa, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

Spent over 2 hours on 2 separate occasions with the recruiter via phone interview. and 1 hour with the hiring manager. also took their online test which was 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• Are you available next week for a face to face interview   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YP (Glendale, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

1) Phone screen with HR.
    2) Technical Phone Interview with Principal Software Engineer and Sr. Software Engineer
          Coding questions on collaborated editor. (Javascript/ HTML/CSS questions)
    3)Again, Technical Phone Interview with other Principal Software Engineer and Sr. Software Engineer. Coding questions on collaborated editor ( Javascript/ HTML/CSS questions)
    4) Fly to Glendale, CA - Onsite interview - 5 rounds
           Each round involved whiteboarding, again all front end concepts in deep and some questions on my previous experience. I answered all the questions and got positive feedback from interviewees. I was expecting an offer but still got rejected.

Account Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YP.

Interview

you do a small initial interview with a potential manager but then possibly 2 more harder interviews. it's the first one that can make you think it'll be easy-- but the next few aren't

Interview Questions

• sell me something and convince me i should buy it.   1 Answer

Senior Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YP (Glendale, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Received an email from technical recruiter from YP to schedule for phone screen interview. Process was smooth and professional. She asked about my available timing and we have agreed on one time for next day.

Interview Questions

• Asked about My Background, Current Work and what i was doing with past employer. Asked me what web technologies I am using and comfortable with. Also, told me that we will email your resume to front end web development team which will decide weather I am fit for their team and then i will probably received another call form HR manager. So far its 3 weeks no update.   1 Answer

New Media Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at YP (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Review previous jobs, role play and try and close the interviewer, easy and stress free. The sales manager also introduced me to the General manager and also then explained the 2 positions that were available.

Interview Questions

• Why I would be a good fit for the position   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at YP (Glendale, CA).

Interview

The interview consisted in meeting with 3 employees. The process was standard. HR was professional throughout. The whole process lasted less than one month. They relied on my previous salary, which was high, to come up with a salary offer.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YP (Irvine, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me and I had to take an online test to move forward to speak to the hiring manager. After a couple weeks I heard from another recruiter about the same position and moving forward to speak with the hiring manager. I had a 30-minute phone interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for YP?   1 Answer