YP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 21, 2017

2.8

Media Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at YP (Pleasanton, CA).

Interview

Pretty standard interview process. Review of your work experience, why YP, etc. You get to meet the team and some leadership if you get that far. I was a referral so my process was probably a bit shorter than most.

Interview Questions

• Sell me something. Basically you have to come up with something that you would want to sell them and make your pitch. Literally it can be anything, just as long as you stand behind your product. This may/may not include curve ball rejection scenarios.   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at YP (Tampa, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

Spent over 2 hours on 2 separate occasions with the recruiter via phone interview. and 1 hour with the hiring manager. also took their online test which was 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• Are you available next week for a face to face interview   1 Answer

Account Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YP.

Interview

you do a small initial interview with a potential manager but then possibly 2 more harder interviews. it's the first one that can make you think it'll be easy-- but the next few aren't

Interview Questions

• sell me something and convince me i should buy it.   1 Answer

Senior Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YP (Glendale, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Received an email from technical recruiter from YP to schedule for phone screen interview. Process was smooth and professional. She asked about my available timing and we have agreed on one time for next day.

Interview Questions

• Asked about My Background, Current Work and what i was doing with past employer. Asked me what web technologies I am using and comfortable with. Also, told me that we will email your resume to front end web development team which will decide weather I am fit for their team and then i will probably received another call form HR manager. So far its 3 weeks no update.   1 Answer

New Media Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at YP (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Review previous jobs, role play and try and close the interviewer, easy and stress free. The sales manager also introduced me to the General manager and also then explained the 2 positions that were available.

Interview Questions

• Why I would be a good fit for the position   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at YP (Glendale, CA).

Interview

The interview consisted in meeting with 3 employees. The process was standard. HR was professional throughout. The whole process lasted less than one month. They relied on my previous salary, which was high, to come up with a salary offer.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YP (Irvine, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me and I had to take an online test to move forward to speak to the hiring manager. After a couple weeks I heard from another recruiter about the same position and moving forward to speak with the hiring manager. I had a 30-minute phone interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for YP?   1 Answer

Digital Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at YP (Dallas, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter. Scheduled interview with RVP the following week. Interview went great. Met with team leader the following week. Received a call 2 hours later from the recruiter with a job offer. Next day I received a call from HR about the background screening and drug tests. Few minutes later received authorization emails for the tests.

Digital Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YP (New York, NY).

Interview

Interesting and weird. Forced me to sale an ink pen to them. What made you pursue sales? Why do you want to work for Yellow Pages. What are your future goals?

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YP.

Interview

Skype call with two interviewers on the other side. One manager and one senior developer. Both look so serious. At the beginning they said this is a javascript position but doesn't matter if candidate has good cs fundamental knowledge and is smart to pick up their tech stacks.

After introduction, they open an online document and asked a question. I said I'm more familiar with Java. The manager became impatient and insisted to code in Javascript. I got syntax error in my function and said i'll need to google it because i don't code in js as daily basis. The manager said then we need to cut the interview now.

They look like I'm wasting their time. You guys wasted my time too. Why didn't you asked recruiter to explain at the beginning.

Interview Questions

• Self intro. Write a function in JS. How to use chrome console to find your js bug.   Answer Question