YP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 15, 2017

2.8

Digital Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at YP (Dallas, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter. Scheduled interview with RVP the following week. Interview went great. Met with team leader the following week. Received a call 2 hours later from the recruiter with a job offer. Next day I received a call from HR about the background screening and drug tests. Few minutes later received authorization emails for the tests.

Digital Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YP (New York, NY).

Interview

Interesting and weird. Forced me to sale an ink pen to them. What made you pursue sales? Why do you want to work for Yellow Pages. What are your future goals?

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YP.

Interview

Skype call with two interviewers on the other side. One manager and one senior developer. Both look so serious. At the beginning they said this is a javascript position but doesn't matter if candidate has good cs fundamental knowledge and is smart to pick up their tech stacks.

After introduction, they open an online document and asked a question. I said I'm more familiar with Java. The manager became impatient and insisted to code in Javascript. I got syntax error in my function and said i'll need to google it because i don't code in js as daily basis. The manager said then we need to cut the interview now.

They look like I'm wasting their time. You guys wasted my time too. Why didn't you asked recruiter to explain at the beginning.

Interview Questions

• Self intro. Write a function in JS. How to use chrome console to find your js bug.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at YP (Glendale, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

As usual got opportunity through the portal notification submitted profile and recruiter called and scheduled for pre screening and submitted to the hiring team. Then following to that there were two technical rounds over screen sharing. After that they scheduled in person interview with team.

Interview Questions

• Usual algorithms, data structures which was asked by interviewer googling at the moment of interview. The interviewers mostly searched mobile and wrote the question and comparing your answers against to that lol... Especially they will be gossiping and laughing about the way of your approach behind. I am happy that not selected in that team, otherwise I would have rejected their offer as the team was not good or positive energy. In the entire process I liked the recruiter who is really helpful to get you into the team, but later didn't update the result even though its negative feedback.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at YP (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

first one phone interview for the background, second step, give you a project by Java, asking you to finish it. read the coordinates from a text file, then find how many different id and coordinate in the file, every id get the farthest distance in map.

Interview Questions

• How to show the coordinate on the map by using google map API.   Answer Question

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at YP (Richmond, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

Had two interviews, both casual and pretty short. It was one on one and personable. It made me feel comfortable and was not up tight like many other formal interviews. I felt at ease and it was enjoyable.

Interview Questions

• What is your past experience in sales and how can it benefit YP   Answer Question

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YP (Rockville, MD) in September 2016.

Interview

the interview process was an initial phone call followed by an on site interview with the general sales manager out of the Baltimore regional office
    The interview was about two hours in which was very intensive .
    the general sales manger admitted that the division was having sales difficulty and was not making objectives for the year .
    The interview consisted of standard questions and questions about sales performance in the other jobs which needed to backed up by numbers that you would need to supply and go over .
    The interview also consisted of of 5 different sales scenarios in which you would need to go into another room and make telephone sales calls to the GM and do a presentation over the phone for each scenario .
    After i did the interview what I found to be very unprofessional was that after a couple of weeks i never heard anything back from them . I called and left a message and i e-mailed them as well and they did not have the common courtesy and professionalism to get back in touch with me .

Interview Questions

• They asked me that since this was a virtual sales position out of my home would i be comfortable making between 70 to 80 telephone sales calls for appointments on a daily basis . the GM was insistent that is what he would like to see on daily basis   1 Answer

Digital Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at YP (Bridgewater, NJ) in August 2016.

Interview

Met at a Marriott hotel. Manager was 20 mins late and had what I was told later in the interview, there top US salesman meet me while she allegedly navigated traffic. Mgr asked me if I was interested in the position and to text her later in the day if I wanted to proceed with the next step which was to meet other mgrs and GM.

I decided to text her my interest, but also inquired about online customer reviews that averaged a 1 out of 5 stars. I asked if she could address why they were such bad reviews and her single sentence response was" I understand your concerns." I received no further interviews or communication from her after that. They obviously don't like it when the candidate asks pointed questions. I suppose they prefer to hire candidates desperate enough to take there paltry salary.

One last tid bit that may be of interest, the mgr that introduced the gentlemen as the no. 1 salesman in the US obviously didn't know what she was talking about. He was a top performer, but not no.1 and he resigned about two weeks after my interview. The management I met with was incompetent and didn't have a clue on how to respond to my question on the company's negative reviews. She even acknowledged how negative the glassdoor reviews of the company were. My advice to YP is fire them all. They are not helping you grow the business.

Interview Questions

• Wanted to understand my background and how much money I had made at my previous jobs. Seemed very focused on whether. Had made presidents conference, etc. also asked me if making 80-100 phone calls a day would be something I could do.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at YP.

Interview

I applied via LinkedIn and got a call from recruiting. They were very direct and friendly. My initial phone interview was quick. I had a second phone interview with the hiring manager, which was also pretty quick, and was then brought in for a panel interview with 6 people, including every member of the team I would be working with. The entire process took about a month from the initial phone interview to my hire date. I also had an internal referral, but my resume was the thing that got me the first call. Recruiting didn't seem to be aware that I had a referral when they called me, despite me including it in my application, and the hiring manager did not know until I told them. It did seem to make a positive difference, though. I think they appreciate internal referrals.

Interview Questions

• 4 of the 6 interviewers asked me if the job was too junior for me - they wanted to make sure I'd be happy   1 Answer

SEM Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at YP (Glendale, CA).

Interview

It was confusing. A lot of people said the same thing. The hiring reps didn't even tell me what job I was being interviewed for. They scheduled the interview and I didn't find out until i got there.