YP Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

2.7

32 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YP (Glendale, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

1) Phone screen with HR.
    2) Technical Phone Interview with Principal Software Engineer and Sr. Software Engineer
          Coding questions on collaborated editor. (Javascript/ HTML/CSS questions)
    3)Again, Technical Phone Interview with other Principal Software Engineer and Sr. Software Engineer. Coding questions on collaborated editor ( Javascript/ HTML/CSS questions)
    4) Fly to Glendale, CA - Onsite interview - 5 rounds
           Each round involved whiteboarding, again all front end concepts in deep and some questions on my previous experience. I answered all the questions and got positive feedback from interviewees. I was expecting an offer but still got rejected.

Senior Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YP (Glendale, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Received an email from technical recruiter from YP to schedule for phone screen interview. Process was smooth and professional. She asked about my available timing and we have agreed on one time for next day.

Interview Questions

• Asked about My Background, Current Work and what i was doing with past employer. Asked me what web technologies I am using and comfortable with. Also, told me that we will email your resume to front end web development team which will decide weather I am fit for their team and then i will probably received another call form HR manager. So far its 3 weeks no update.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at YP (Glendale, CA).

Interview

The interview consisted in meeting with 3 employees. The process was standard. HR was professional throughout. The whole process lasted less than one month. They relied on my previous salary, which was high, to come up with a salary offer.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YP (Irvine, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me and I had to take an online test to move forward to speak to the hiring manager. After a couple weeks I heard from another recruiter about the same position and moving forward to speak with the hiring manager. I had a 30-minute phone interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for YP?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at YP (Glendale, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

As usual got opportunity through the portal notification submitted profile and recruiter called and scheduled for pre screening and submitted to the hiring team. Then following to that there were two technical rounds over screen sharing. After that they scheduled in person interview with team.

Interview Questions

• Usual algorithms, data structures which was asked by interviewer googling at the moment of interview. The interviewers mostly searched mobile and wrote the question and comparing your answers against to that lol... Especially they will be gossiping and laughing about the way of your approach behind. I am happy that not selected in that team, otherwise I would have rejected their offer as the team was not good or positive energy. In the entire process I liked the recruiter who is really helpful to get you into the team, but later didn't update the result even though its negative feedback.   1 Answer

SEM Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at YP (Glendale, CA).

Interview

It was confusing. A lot of people said the same thing. The hiring reps didn't even tell me what job I was being interviewed for. They scheduled the interview and I didn't find out until i got there.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at YP (Glendale, CA).

Interview

In my honest opinion, the attorneys I interviewed with were condescending and arrogant. No surprise that their assistants had attitude problems. The interview was difficult and demeaning. When I asked about what happened to the former position holder to different interviewers, I received different answers, leading me to believe something was not right. Overall a very bad interview experience.

Interview Questions

• No interview question was particularly hard to answer. Navigating the difficult personalities was the most challenging.   Answer Question

Closing Department Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at YP (Anaheim, CA).

Interview

It was long enough ago that I answered an advert in a newspaper by calling the phone number and setting up an interview time. The HR interviewer was friendly and the application basic. A full resume was not necessary then, just job experience and references. I took a grammar/spelling test.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job?   1 Answer

Advertising Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at YP (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Usual line of questions one would expect from an interview. Their just sizing you up making sure you have the thick-skin needed for this industry. Met with several people for the first and only interview

Data Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at YP (Glendale, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process is very normal. You check in with security and wait for someone to accompany you up to the meeting room. My interview consisted of 4 supervisors of various ranks. The questions were behavioral questions and questions on experiences listed on your resume. Do some prep the night before and you will be find.

Interview Questions

• A tricky one was: How many cars are there in the San Gabriel Valley?   Answer Question