YRC Freight Dock Supervisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

YRC Freight Dock Supervisor Interview Questions

Interviews at YRC Freight

2.3

Dock Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at YRC Freight in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process was pretty simple. Nothing out the ordinary. Although it was a phone interview. Made a strong impression vs a weak candidate pool. Passed my second interview with flying colors and got selected.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to dish out discipline to an employee? If so what was the outcome of the discipline, Explain in detail.   Answer Question

I was interviewed and offered by the Denver terminal in Aurora. But was offered to stay in Dallas to avoid the relocation at the last minute and accepted that option.

Other Interview Reviews for YRC Freight

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Albuquerque, NM) in February 2013.

Interview

Sat down with Distribution Manager. He was pleasant. He asked me a lot of questions about previous employers. Mostly he wanted to know how I handled lazy employees. I told him I would write them up and then fire them after giving them every chance I could. Of course, I found out afterwards that I would be supervising teamsters and that their job security was second to none. At worst they were given a week of payed time off.

Dock Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at YRC Freight.

Interview

The company actively recruits veterans from job fairs, which is where I was introduced to the company. Initially interviewed en mass, followed by a second interview. After being called back, i met the terminal manager, who sat down with me for about 5 minutes and talked quickly about the position. Initial offer letter sent out via e-mail, accepted and began the following week.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle conflict in the workplace? Keep in mind this is a unionized environment.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

I recieved a phone call several months after submiting my application asking me if I was still interested in the position. I had an interview scheduled several days later and was offered the position three days later. I had to wait several days for a drug test and background check.

Interview Questions

• A simple list of five pre selected questions about previous experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Copley, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Copley, OH) in March 2012.

Interview

4 interviews in a day. Received call within week from terminal manager with offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Houston, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

Very basic, very informal, showed a very promising potential, process was easy however the start date was not given for almost 2 weeks. Training involved spending less then half a day with Ops Supervisor and then put out on the dock with another recent new dock supervisor and told to watch him work.

Dock Supervisor Interview

Interview

Very professional interview, made to feel comfortable from the start. Great managers who really cared and took the time to get to know you and show you how the operation works and how you would fit in. Went over my experience and what is expected of you within the organization. Very straight forward questions about past experiences and future goals and future company expectations. This is every logistics professional ideal organization with an outstanding team of professionals.

Dock Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YRC Freight.

Interview

Applied and within a week received a reply for an interview ("as soon as possible"). Arrived for an interview at 0700 on Saturday and spent ~40 minutes being interviewed. Afterwards, told that within seven-to-ten days I would have a response (whether good or bad).

The Hiring and Interview Process was prompt and quick with no "curve balls".

Interview Questions

• How would you discipline an employee's first offence.   1 Answer