YRC Freight Dock Worker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

YRC Freight Dock Worker Interview Questions

1.0

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Charlotte, NC) in April 2016.

Interview

You get a phone call and some generic questions for 10 minutes. If you get the call they already want to hire you, and will do a background-check and drug test then put you on.

Interview Questions

• How are you at working with a team? You'll be required to work with other dock workers at doors.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for YRC Freight

Anonymous Employee in Carlstadt, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Carlstadt, NJ) in September 2017.

Interview

Very simple. They ask you about your work history to make sure you have relative experience. They want you to think of a time you had to deal with someone you disagreed with.

Interview Questions

• What situations have you had comparable in other positions you have held. And name a time you had to deal with someone you disagree with   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Montgomery, NY).

Interview

I applied on-line on the website for the position of Dock Worker last year and even called in to the operations manager to inquire on the status of my application. He seemed to be interested and said he would pushed my application threw their HQ in Kansas. When I was interviewed he had a phone conference at the same time which was actually rude and inconsiderate since I was supposed to be interviewed at that time it was scheduled. When he said I was hired, the receptionist informed me that I was supposed to get an a drug test and where I needed to go for that. I never received an info and kept calling about 4 times to find out what was going on. When I looked a on the website again, the position was not listed strangely enough. A few months later I saw it again and applied once more in the fall this time only getting a phone interview, asked questions and then never heard anything ever again for the second time.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago Heights, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Chicago Heights, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Simple. You get a phone call from Kansas, corporate, they ask a few questions then set up another interview at the facility in which you applied. When you get to that interview, you will be asked to take a written forklift safety test. After that they take you to the docks and have you drive the forklift. If they like you, you stay, if not, ya get sent home. Then you tale your drug test and wait for your background test to come back and get a call with your start date.

Interview Questions

• What is an important safety task on the forklift?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Tonawanda, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Tonawanda, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

The easiest and most informal interview I've ever had. He told me what the job entails, what an average day is like, the working conditions, etc. Basically told me all the roughest parts of the job, then if I still wanted it. I said yes, a week or two later I was working.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any forklift experience?   1 Answer