YRC Freight Interview Questions | Glassdoor

YRC Freight Interview Questions

Interviews at YRC Freight

2.1

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YRC Freight.

Interview

I found that the interview was very unorganized and unprofessional. Interview was easy but I won't accept their offer. No one knew what was going on and no one was prepared.

Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Milwaukee, WI) in September 2011.

Interview

OK pretty dull this is one boring company that has screwed a good thing. will chase a dime to make a dollar. If you're smart you'd run as fast away. They are about to fold. If you like driving junk held together with duct tape, this place is for you

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none take it or leave it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Kansas City, MO) in November 2016.

Interview

Last from July 15 thru mid November. I was a "finalist" after 4 interviews. I had other offers pending, they took an additional month after I was a finalist to send form notice I was not chosen. They would not return phone calls or emails. Very unprofessional behavior from District and Regional Sales Managers.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YRC Freight in April 2011.

Interview

Long process about 2 months long, about 3 interviews with sales manager one over the phone, 2 in person, then HR interview, was a bit disorganized and canned questions, basic sales questions, situational questions mainly,

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Cincinnati, OH) in October 2011.

Interview

The interview process was very in depth. The company takes good measure to hire the right people. Once your in, its a great opportunity. There was a 3 stage process. Phone interview, one on one interview and a panel interview. I met with the Vice President of the division, the Regional Manager and District Manager. Prior to the panel interview I did a ride along with one sales representative to get a good perspective of what the responsibilities include. The company does a background check and drug test. The do follow up with your references.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all about typical sales opportunities. Tell us your typical sales day?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Iowa City, IA) in July 2012.

Interview

Interview process was very formal with lots of questions. Completed by local Area Sales Manager. Was very personable, offered to buy coffee. Process lasted about 1 hour. Asked questions regarding P&L reports and general sales questions. Asked what I would be doing if I didn't have to work every day. Described my best day off scenario. Seemed interested in listening to the details.

Interview Questions

• What was your greatest sales accomplishment? Have you ever had business to business sales? Have you ever done cold calling?   Answer Question

Technology Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Overland Park, KS) in July 2015.

Interview

I first had a phone interview with HR. From there, I interviewed with both the Infrastructure and the Application VP. Then, I came back and interviewed with my 'to be' direct manager.

The actual interview process wasn't too bad. But, after the verbal offer came, it took about 2-3 weeks for the formal written offer to be presented.

Interview Questions

• Describe to me your knowledge/experience with Agile and how would you transform your team from Waterfall to Agile?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Overland Park, KS) in October 2016.

Interview

There was first a test - emailed a problem statement and asked to send source code zip back. there was a phone interview that asked about javascript, java, SQL, etc.

Interview Questions

• Javascript stack questions, java basic OOPs questions, SQL questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Overland Park, KS) in August 2018.

Interview

First Interview: Phone Call with the Recruiter to make sure I was a goof fit with the right skills.
    Second Interview: Phone Call with the hiring manager talking about what i currently do, why I am looking, and where do I want to be in the future.
    Third Interview: In-Person with the Manager and his team asking me technical questions about what I know about what I currently do as well as what they do, what they are looking for, and reasons for looking at another opportunity

Interview Questions

• What do you like about working with Content Services(ECM)?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Overland Park, KS) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview was professional. Phone interview, the process was short and few interviewer asked prepared technical questions. base knowledge about front end developer. I thought they would ask challenge questions, but they did not.