YRC Freight Interview Questions | Glassdoor

YRC Freight Interview Questions

Interviews at YRC Freight

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Albuquerque, NM) in February 2013.

Interview

Sat down with Distribution Manager. He was pleasant. He asked me a lot of questions about previous employers. Mostly he wanted to know how I handled lazy employees. I told him I would write them up and then fire them after giving them every chance I could. Of course, I found out afterwards that I would be supervising teamsters and that their job security was second to none. At worst they were given a week of payed time off.

Dock Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at YRC Freight.

Interview

The company actively recruits veterans from job fairs, which is where I was introduced to the company. Initially interviewed en mass, followed by a second interview. After being called back, i met the terminal manager, who sat down with me for about 5 minutes and talked quickly about the position. Initial offer letter sent out via e-mail, accepted and began the following week.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle conflict in the workplace? Keep in mind this is a unionized environment.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

I recieved a phone call several months after submiting my application asking me if I was still interested in the position. I had an interview scheduled several days later and was offered the position three days later. I had to wait several days for a drug test and background check.

Interview Questions

• A simple list of five pre selected questions about previous experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Copley, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Copley, OH) in March 2012.

Interview

4 interviews in a day. Received call within week from terminal manager with offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Houston, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

Very basic, very informal, showed a very promising potential, process was easy however the start date was not given for almost 2 weeks. Training involved spending less then half a day with Ops Supervisor and then put out on the dock with another recent new dock supervisor and told to watch him work.

Dock Supervisor Interview

Interview

Very professional interview, made to feel comfortable from the start. Great managers who really cared and took the time to get to know you and show you how the operation works and how you would fit in. Went over my experience and what is expected of you within the organization. Very straight forward questions about past experiences and future goals and future company expectations. This is every logistics professional ideal organization with an outstanding team of professionals.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Charlotte, NC) in April 2016.

Interview

You get a phone call and some generic questions for 10 minutes. If you get the call they already want to hire you, and will do a background-check and drug test then put you on.

Interview Questions

• How are you at working with a team? You'll be required to work with other dock workers at doors.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Carlstadt, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Carlstadt, NJ) in September 2017.

Interview

Very simple. They ask you about your work history to make sure you have relative experience. They want you to think of a time you had to deal with someone you disagreed with.

Interview Questions

• What situations have you had comparable in other positions you have held. And name a time you had to deal with someone you disagree with   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Montgomery, NY).

Interview

I applied on-line on the website for the position of Dock Worker last year and even called in to the operations manager to inquire on the status of my application. He seemed to be interested and said he would pushed my application threw their HQ in Kansas. When I was interviewed he had a phone conference at the same time which was actually rude and inconsiderate since I was supposed to be interviewed at that time it was scheduled. When he said I was hired, the receptionist informed me that I was supposed to get an a drug test and where I needed to go for that. I never received an info and kept calling about 4 times to find out what was going on. When I looked a on the website again, the position was not listed strangely enough. A few months later I saw it again and applied once more in the fall this time only getting a phone interview, asked questions and then never heard anything ever again for the second time.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago Heights, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Chicago Heights, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Simple. You get a phone call from Kansas, corporate, they ask a few questions then set up another interview at the facility in which you applied. When you get to that interview, you will be asked to take a written forklift safety test. After that they take you to the docks and have you drive the forklift. If they like you, you stay, if not, ya get sent home. Then you tale your drug test and wait for your background test to come back and get a call with your start date.

Interview Questions

• What is an important safety task on the forklift?   2 Answers