YRC Freight Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at YRC Freight

2.2

Dock Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tonawanda, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Tonawanda, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

The easiest and most informal interview I've ever had. He told me what the job entails, what an average day is like, the working conditions, etc. Basically told me all the roughest parts of the job, then if I still wanted it. I said yes, a week or two later I was working.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any forklift experience?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at YRC Freight.

Interview

Came through a contract company. Once vetted there, I was submitted to YRC. I had a phone interview with the PMO manager, then a one-on-one interview with the 2 functional managers I would be supporting, and their director (three back-to-back interviews total). The overall process was pretty reasonable, maybe 4 weeks from first call to first day.

Interview Questions

• Nothing tricky - I did get asked "what I was most proud of"   1 Answer

Negotiation

pre-negotiated through contract company

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Overland Park, KS) in March 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with four pricing managers, the pricing director, and the VP of pricing. Some of the PMs interviewed me, some seemed to assume I was a shoo-in for the job and just started briefing me on the company. In any case they were standard, pleasant interviews.

The Director asked some tougher questions and had me fill out a self-assessment which we then discussed. Don't BS this guy, be honest about your competencies and weaknesses, ask good questions, and you'll be fine. He said he likes to leave the decision largely to the PMs, so they're the ones you want to impress.

The VP made me kind of nervous-- I felt like I was swimming with a shark. DEFINITELY don't BS this guy, because he's smart and will hound you until he unravels your answer. Obviously I know this from experience. Know that your screw ups will ultimately make him look bad, so try to give him the impression that you know what you're doing and he will be able to safely ignore you.

If I have one beef with the process, it's that nobody told me that I didn't get the job. Three weeks after the interview I contacted the PMs and they said I'd be informed yea or nay. Three weeks later, I contacted the PD and was told they found a better candidate. So it goes, I guess.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you failed, and how that went for you.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied online and was contacted back for a phone interview and in person interview. Process took 3 weeks. Behavioral interview and a few technical questions. Very straight forward and HR got back in a very timely manner.

Interview Questions

• Whats your greatest weakness and what have you done to improve?   1 Answer

Sales Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at YRC Freight.

Interview

There were multiple phone interviews and one on site interview with multiple interviewers. The hiring manager was very knowledgeable, upfront, and strategic minded. The group focused on the ability to adapt to changing conditions.

Interview Questions

• The questions were fairly routine. They weren't behavioral interview questions. The interview was fairly unstructured.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Office Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YRC Freight.

Interview

Phone screen, in person, drug screen/background check, offer! Everyone along the way was helpful, kind and professional. It was an excellent e perience. I would say this even if I had not been hired

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paducah, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Paducah, KY) in January 2015.

Interview

Standard Questions mainly about how you would handle employee disputes. Got a tour of the facility and what happens on a daily basis. Talk with the other Operations Supervisor working there. I thought I really had a chance guess not.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a dispute with driver over delivery's   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in West Valley City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at YRC Freight (West Valley City, UT).

Interview

Interview process is fairly normal. It's usually with a group of two or three people and they'll ask some pretty typical HR related questions like how would you handle stressful situations. They'll ask if you're willing to work any night,day, holiday as it's expected to not have many holiday's off.

Interview Questions

• They will ask if you'll be willing to dictate to the unionized workforce in situations. Meaning you'll be expected to directly tell someone to do it and discipline them if they don't comply. Be a yes man.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Louisville, KY) in June 2015.

Interview

A quick phone interview followed by a secondary interview. I was asked pretty typical interview questions, and was contacted fairly quickly after applying. The whole process took about three-four weeks total.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

The "interview" would be better described as a conversation covering my skills/experience as they related to the position. The conversation was between myself and the Terminal Operations Manger. From the time I was greeted by the receptionist to when I returned my visitor's badge was approximately 2 hours. Roughly 3 days later, I was extended an offer contingent upon a successfull drug and background check.