YRC Freight Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at YRC Freight

2.2

Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gardena, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Gardena, CA).

Interview

Quick interview and hiring process. Interview was really promising. Unfortunately, did not last at the job. Management wants to change their reputation of strict, but the existing employees need to be schooled first.

Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Dayton, OH) in June 2018.

Interview

Interviewer left me with impression that I could never work for him. He was disrepect full and made racist and sexist remarks. Anyone in today's world would have fallen off their and wondered what company would tolerate such a bigot.

Interview Questions

• Can you work right away? (They have gone through 3 supervisors in 9 months)   1 Answer

P&D Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wheeling, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Wheeling, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

Quick, plenty of questions and answers about work history and safety. This is a great job but the fact of not having a bid may mean a long drive to another terminal and being called to work on your days off.

Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fontana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Fontana, CA).

Interview

The company has you apply online, then someone calls you to for a phone screen, they schedule you face to face, two days later you will have to do a drug test, after that result comes back you have to complete a road test. If you pass the road test, they will schedule for orientation. If you don't they tell you they will call you.

Terminal Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

The process was hard very basic questioning. just make sure you do you history on the company and come with a game plan. Very friendly and formal interview process. Hiring manager asked about different experiences and relocation process. I felt it was on of the smoothest interview I have ever encountered

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Decatur, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Decatur, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was very thorough and professional. All important questions were asked and detailed answers were provided. Very friendly and inviting as well. Pleased with everything, from beginning to end.

Billing Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Bloomington, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

It was easy to do, Applied online, got called for testing, call received for interview, immediately called for 2nd Interview and was hired on the spot, started training the next day.

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Kansas City, MO) in October 2018.

Interview

I only had the first call where they asked for your experience and salary requirements and then they explained the position and requirement for the role. Still waiting for the next call from HR dept.

Interview Questions

• what is your salary requirement   1 Answer

Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlisle, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Carlisle, PA) in April 2014.

Interview

There was no process to the interview. I applied online, they called me and made an offer based on my resume and the fact I was coming out of college. They brought me in for an overview of the dock. I was hired as soon as I accepted the offer. They are always hiring because freight and warehouse work has a high turnover ratio.

Interview Questions

• Can you handle working in severe weather conditions?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.

Supervisor Interview

Interview

lengthy. Be prepared for no less than 2 phone interviews and 3 face-to-face. Must be unique in your abilities to manage organized labor.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle men talking and not working?   1 Answer