YWCA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

YWCA Interview Questions

Updated Mar 15, 2017

2.9

Employment Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at YWCA.

Interview

Applied online and received a call which I believe was a pre-screening, talk for about 30 minutes and she said she was get back to me. Never was provided a follow up as to my status. I think they're looking for individuals from other states or new college graduates so they don't have to pay people with the actual experience.

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at YWCA (Seattle, WA) in July 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by a panel of five very nice ladies. The process took about an hour. It seemed to be a very family friendly environment, which I really liked. The interviewers were very personable and did a wonderful job describing the scope of the position to me. I remain very interested in working for the YWCA, but I did not receive a job offer. One of my interviewers agreed to hold my resume on file in the event that a position opens up, but she has not called yet and I am officially going to cease holding my breath.

Volunteer Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at YWCA in June 2016.

Interview

They were cordial. They reviewed my resume and wanted to know about my experience. They did mention that they may keep the position within the organization. I'm not sure why I was even interviewed if this was the case, especially since I applied for this position months ago and they had originally filled it.

Web Content Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at YWCA (Saint Louis, MO) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and a few days later HR emailed me and asked if I would be interested in doing a phone interview. I said yes and the next day I had a short phone interview that went well and I was asked to submit writing samples. I did and was told they world be in touch, which they never were. Days later I sent a follow up email to touch base but never heard back. The HR manager was very nice, but it would have appreciated it if they had followed up like they promised.

Office Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at YWCA in July 2015.

Interview

The questions were average and nothing too unexpected. The interviewers were friendly and made me feel comfortable. The interview was longer than I thought it would be. There was a lot of questions. The questions seemed like the job would have paid more because there was a lot expected. Also, I had to wait 2 weeks to hear anything back.

Interview Questions

• They asked me general office questions like what are my computer skills, how fast do I type, and how many years of experience I have.   Answer Question

Crisis Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at YWCA (Nashville, TN) in May 2015.

Interview

Panel Interview of three// average questions// strengths and weaknesses as well as scenario cases// laid back environment// it was easy to converse with the panel// not intimidating or overwhelming at all// the position did not have a exact start date, it seemed as if everything was still in the works// job post advertised job as 1st shift but panel discussed needing flexibility and possibly working other shift.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle or prioritize a client in the shelter needing assistance, a caller on the crisis line, and an officer bringing a client in?   1 Answer

Relief Advocate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at YWCA.

Interview

I applied online, got a call 1-2 weeks later. The manager was friendly and approachable during the interview, answered all my questions. It was a positive environment and experience.

Interview Questions

• What does empowerment mean to you?   1 Answer
    • Tell us about a time that you were disappointed with the outcome (preferably in a job setting).   Answer Question
    • What would you do if a client wanted to leave the shelter and return to an unstable environment?   Answer Question

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mechanicsburg, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YWCA (Mechanicsburg, PA) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted within 4 days. I arrived at the office and was given a paper application to fill out. I was then taken to a room and interviewed by two people which lasted about 1 hour.

Group Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at YWCA (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online. Came into an interview the next day to the school. Met with the interviewers and saw a lot in the process. After the interview they indicated I should get 3 references and 3 recommendation letters which had to be put on a letterhead and signed by the recommenders.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable do you feel in discussing gender and race with youth?   Answer Question

Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at YWCA (Boston, MA).

Interview

I received an email response to an online submission. Setting up the interview was relatively smooth, although the person setting up the interview was not clear on who I was meeting with. The interview was fine. It seemed we would go to the next stage, but then (as sometimes happened) no one called. After almost a month, I checked in. No reply. 10 months later the position is still posted. Strange.