YWCA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 11, 2017

2.7

76 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Educator Interview

Interview

It was fine, not too hard, not too easy. The people were very nice but their questions definitely made you think. What I got from it is that the interviewer wanted something more than the standard answers that most people give. Make yourself known, make sure they know why you are passionate about getting this position.

Childcare Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at YWCA (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

they had parents that were friends of the Childcare Director in the interview process which is overall an ethics violation if you ask me, they called the parents board members when in actuality that parent had a child in the classroom I would be teaching

Family Service Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YWCA in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was reached out through an email around 2-3 weeks later to schedule an in person interview. The interview was very casual, low of stress, and flowed more of like a conversation. I was again given information about the facility and the position, was asked about my experiences, goals, situational questions. After the interview a tour of the facility was given.

Assistant Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at YWCA (Bloomington, IL).

Interview

-two admin. interviewed me
    -one for school-age and the other for infants
    -very casual
    -asked specifically about your passions, weakness and strengths
    -focused on the overall job description and how to carry the mission and vision through working at the YWCA

Member Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YWCA (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2016.

Interview

Got a call the same day I applied. Came in for a single interview where they read off questions from sheets of paper and took notes. It took about 15-20 minutes for the whole process. I was offered the job two days later

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went above and beyond company policy to assist a customer.   Answer Question

Employment Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at YWCA.

Interview

Applied online and received a call which I believe was a pre-screening, talk for about 30 minutes and she said she was get back to me. Never was provided a follow up as to my status. I think they're looking for individuals from other states or new college graduates so they don't have to pay people with the actual experience.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YWCA.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted exactly 1 month after. The interview was very conversational and welcoming in nature. They asked standard interview questions and went over my resume. They also took notes throughout. I was interviewed by two people: the volunteers engagement director and the manager of the specific volunteer program I applied for. I got an offer at the end of the interview.

Program Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YWCA.

Interview

Lengthy phone interview then in person interview, then called in for in person interview as next step. Did not pursue position further, seems to offer decent benefits and vacation sick after allotted time.

Community Engagement Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at YWCA (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Scheduled a 30 minute phone screen with the manager, invited to in-person interviews the next week. It was a group interview with people I would work closely with. They requested references after the interview. Was given an offer the week after.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview: technical questions, more focused on day to day work tasks.
      Group interview: A lot of scenario questions and questions about my work style. Mostly to ensure it was a good people fit.   Answer Question

Front Desk Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at YWCA (Nashville, TN) in July 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, questions were pretty much what I expected, HR was very friendly and helpful with all the questions I had. Full time candidates also have an in person interview, but as I was temporary I only had a phone interview.