YWCA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 14, 2017

2.6

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale Heights, IL

Interview

Postive and comfortable interview process.

Negotiation

They do not meet salary negotiation. Expect little pay with no raise.

Court Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at YWCA (Evanston, IL) in July 2009.

Interview

Knowing someone at the organization is helpful. When they post a job there are often many applicants so making it easy and having someone refer you helps. If you don't know someone to refer you to staff calling also helps. They are a busy organization so making yourself easy to access is important. As far as the interview, professionalism is very much valued. At the same time have a friendly attitude and be willing to talk about yourself. Know about their work as much as possible. You will be interviewed by supervisors but sometimes the people in the room will also be your peers and co workers. They are passionate about their work and want to know that you will be just as passionate. The work atmosphere is very team oriented. Your co workers will want to know that you will have their back and will be a team player.

Interview Questions

• What do you do for self care?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a higher salary by providing information about the cost of living in the surrounding area.

Development Intern Interview

Interview

Friendly and welcoming, overall a great interview experience

Interview Questions

Interview

I had one meeting with the ED. They hired me on the spot with no further interviewing or vetting. My being hired had nothing to do with my skills and everything to do with who I knew.

Negotiation

No negotiation offered.

Bookkeeper Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at YWCA.

Interview

Applied in person, very easy and fast process. just the basic questions like tell me about your self. asked about what software i am familiar with. Also ask about company history and what iknow about the history of the organization

Interview Questions

Interview

Very brief and easy and to the point. They focused mainly on myself and my resume and asked me the basic questions one is to expect in an interview.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Interview

Interviewed with 4 members of the HR team and it felt more like a relaxed conversation. They took turns asking a question from the booklet they had, you will then be rated on how well you answered that question. Based on your overall performance, you will then be selected as the successful candidate, of course, considering all other aspects of cultural fit, etc.

Anonymous Employee in Ridgewood, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at YWCA (Ridgewood, NJ) in July 2009.

Interview

I got trained at the YWCA, afterwards they hired me.

Interview Questions

• No questions. I completed my training they gave me a job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mahwah, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at YWCA (Mahwah, NJ) in August 2013.

Interview

Met with HR, they directed me to Labcorp facility by my house for a drug test and background check. Was given offer after I successfully completed both.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. $10 an hour, $15 an hour for OT

Anonymous Employee in Plainsboro, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at YWCA (Plainsboro, NJ) in June 2010.

Interview

Sat down on some bleachers and got handed some forms. No real questions as I was already certified for position. Was told that as long as my background check came out clean I would be hired.