YWCA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 11, 2017

2.7

Community Engagement Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at YWCA (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Scheduled a 30 minute phone screen with the manager, invited to in-person interviews the next week. It was a group interview with people I would work closely with. They requested references after the interview. Was given an offer the week after.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview: technical questions, more focused on day to day work tasks.
      Group interview: A lot of scenario questions and questions about my work style. Mostly to ensure it was a good people fit.   Answer Question

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YWCA (Syracuse, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Email correspondence leading to interview. Interview consists of general knowledge confirmation and job specific experience conversation. My interviewer was very pleased and helpful in increases my understanding of the companies mission. Post interview includes thumb printing for background checks.

Interview Questions

• what makes you a good fit for the position   1 Answer

Educator Interview

Interview

It was fine, not too hard, not too easy. The people were very nice but their questions definitely made you think. What I got from it is that the interviewer wanted something more than the standard answers that most people give. Make yourself known, make sure they know why you are passionate about getting this position.

Member Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YWCA (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2016.

Interview

Got a call the same day I applied. Came in for a single interview where they read off questions from sheets of paper and took notes. It took about 15-20 minutes for the whole process. I was offered the job two days later

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went above and beyond company policy to assist a customer.   Answer Question

Career Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at YWCA (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

Panel. Questions for me, short facilitation exercise, questions from me. Submitted resume and cover letter, got called for interview and told to prepare short facilitation exercise; questions on the YWCA, personal questions on character, preferences, strengths, teamwork, etc. and presentation.

Educator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YWCA (Chicago, IL) in December 2013.

Interview

After I applied I got an email to start with a phone screening, then met with the manager, then was called for a third interview with the director of education. The third interview was harder than I expected.

Interview Questions

• Is racism still a prevalent issue? Explain   1 Answer

Job Coach Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at YWCA (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview of 13 questions with two staff, Interview was pleasant and non stressful. Questions were a mix of behavioral type questions mixed with experience in sector. Manager was pleasant and offered water part way thru the interview. The interview lasted a little over an hour and was very professional.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time where you had to manage a conflict at work with a client or another staff.   Answer Question

Childcare Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at YWCA (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

they had parents that were friends of the Childcare Director in the interview process which is overall an ethics violation if you ask me, they called the parents board members when in actuality that parent had a child in the classroom I would be teaching

Assistant Group Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in York, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at YWCA (York, PA) in April 2016.

Interview

Very simple, they want to see how well you work with children. It seemed to take a long tim to complete all the necessary tests (background check, drug test, approval) but it took about two weeks to officially get hired.

Interview Questions

• What would you do as a teacher if put into "blank" situation ?   1 Answer

Sexual Assault Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lethbridge, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at YWCA (Lethbridge, AB (Canada)) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview was run by the program manager. The position I applied for was not the position discussed in the interview. The HR did not say anything. The age discussed in the interview was 19.10/hour and the actual wage in context was 18.12/hour (same situation with other employees). HR forgot to contact me to extend the offer. The Program Manager contacted me weeks later to start immediately

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the cycle of domestic violence?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation