Yahoo Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Yahoo Account Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 31, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview. Then met with 4-5 of people in 1 day. It was pretty relaxed. They asked about some specific accounts and executions I had done in the past for advertisers.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Yahoo

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (Omaha, NE) in January 2015.

Interview

A lot of behavioral interview questions. "Name a time when you didn't get along with a co-worker, how did you handle that situation". Questions that ask you describe a situation and how you handled the situation. Which doesn't provide a lot of insight.

Interview Questions

• "Name a time when you didn't get along with a co-worker, how did you handle that situation"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Yahoo (Omaha, NE) in September 2014.

Interview

Multiple interviews, both on phone and in person. I think I had 5-6 total and it was a mix of hiring managers, peers and managers from other departments. There were several weeks of lag time in between and then everything completely shut down over the holidays. Then it was a couple of months before I was finally hired. It was not worth the time. Once I was receiving an offer, the HR person assigned to me could not get my paperwork right to save her life. Read and double check everything they send you because every HR and payroll person I have ever met there is completely irresponsible with details and makes frequent and careless errors.

Interview Questions

• Google search "behvioral interview questions" (but pretend you used Yahoo) and have a solid understanding of their ever-changing fleet of products. Check that day because things are deprecated A LOT. (funding issues). Don't say you use Yahoo maps because they will know that isn't true. Stick to Yahoo news or something basic.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They don't negotiate much. Check glass door salaries and know what you are worth going in.

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (Hillsboro, OR) in April 2013.

Interview

Quick. I interviewed with three people and was hired soon after. Typical interview in terms of questions and expectations. Met with co-workers to see fit and seemed like a dedicated but friendly group

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with difficult situations with clients?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Yahoo (Chicago, IL) in March 2013.

Interview

Incredibly slow process. Phone screen first, in person interview with manager 1:1, group panel interview with current AM's and then another group panel interview with AD's, final interview with hiring manager

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where something went wrong with a client, and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Yahoo (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

the interview process was very fair. the questions were very straight forward and relevant to the open position. i did, however, have to meet with a lot of people on the team.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (New York, NY) in May 2010.

Interview

The hiring process was fairly basic, as I was a referral. I had an initial phone interview from a HR recruiter or talent acquisitions manager. The phone call lasted maybe 10 - 15 minutes and was very top line. I then scheduled an interview to meet a potential manager. This interview went well and I set up a 3rd interview to meet a Director, in which I was required to put together a brief Powerpoint presentation on Yahoo!.

I didn't take the job, but the interview process wasn't too bad.

Interview Questions

• What kind of experience do you have that would be applicable to this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yahoo (Boston, MA) in March 2010.

Interview

I was already an Associate Account Manager when the Manager of Account Management reached out to me about an open AM position. I had one 1:1 interview with the hiring manager and then received a follow up call from HR to discuss the package.

Interview Questions

• What qualities do you think are necessary to be a successful Account Manager?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had just receieved a raise as a part of our annual review process for my time spent as an Associate Account Manager. I got the Account Manager promotion shortly thereafter so I was able to negotiate an additional 5% on top of the initial offer.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

1 phone interview, 2 face to face ones held in the same day. Really helpful and polite. Made me feel at ease and explained the whole process and how long I would expect to wait before hearing back.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Yahoo (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)).

Interview

Just a meeting with the HR and the managers

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Fast