Want a Free Job Posting?

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Associate Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Contacted by a recruiter through LinkedIn. Had an initial phone call with him and then was contacted by someone else setting up an in-person interview for the next week. The recruiter told me the job didn't have a specific job title yet (they were just looking for the perfect person regardless of experience level), but when the assistant set up the interview, she said it was for an associate editor and that was the only position they had available. Had the in-person interviews with two different people on the team – neither of whom it seemed like I would have worked with on a daily basis. One asked more technical and experiential questions, and the other seemed to be assessing my personality. The interviews went well and it seemed like I was more than qualified for the job, but I didn't hear back from either person, and when I followed up with the recruiter, he never responded to my email.

Interview Questions