Yahoo Interview Questions in Bangalore, India | Glassdoor

Yahoo Interview Questions in Bangalore, India

3.1

Creative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yahoo (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

The hiring process was pretty simple. A consultancy contacted me and told me about the profile. Upon arriving at the company and registering for the interview, a lady from the HR department took the initial screening round of interview - questions about our personal accomplishments. The only thing I did not like about her was how she would walk out in the middle of the interview to converse with a colleague of hers and stand chatting about something, while candidates were awaiting her presence in the interview room. Post this initial screening, we had to wait an hour for the written English grammar test to be conducted. It was a very easy test, which evaluated our language prowess and creative thinking abilities. Upon clearing this round, there was a technical round of interview with two of the supervisors of the team. They asked questions about the role, gave situations and asked me to solve the issues and problems. Post this, there was another technical-oriented round, where the manager briefed us about the nuances of the role. And after this, was the last round. Only 4 of us had made it out of about 30 candidates. In the final round, another manager asked me questions about what my ideal job would look like & how I like the profile at yahoo. The only thing I resented in the final round of interview was how the manager kept trying to dissuade me from continuing my candidature for that role; given that (as per her perspective) I had qualities meant for a more front-end profile than the back-end profile offered at Yahoo. Other than this, everything else went well. The entire process took about 8 hours. Everyone I met, made me feel welcome and comfortable.

Interview Questions

• What do you understand by the terms - Creative Analyst?   Answer Question
    • How do you judge the effectiveness of an advertisement online?   Answer Question
    • What does your ideal job look like? How is it different from what we have on offer? And why have you applied here, if this is not your dream job?   Answer Question

Search Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yahoo (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2016.

Interview

Apptitude quant excel email writing grammer questions
    Group Discussion/Supervisor
    Technical
    Process Manager
    The interview questions are very basic...Be confident...
    Most of the candidates are rejected in the first round if unnable to clear the round.
    Also check for contract for posistions

SRE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Interview was good, had to clear almost 4 rounds, was good and interacting
    They asked the basic stuffs which you know, No higher end things. Need to answer with flow diagrams as well

Search Creative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Yahoo (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2015.

Interview

9 rounds of interview starting with a written test in stats and math/IQ, followed by a creative test about ads and english grammer, and continued with a series of interviews with different vertical heads

Interview Questions

• Sell this pen (product) to me   1 Answer

Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yahoo (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

Telephonic screening followed by multiple F2F rounds . After telephonic interview, there will be multiple face to face rounds in the company. Final round is HR and a discussion with hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Telephonic screening followed by multiple F2F rounds . After telephonic interview, there will be multiple face to face rounds in the company.

Pretty standard ones, Linux internals, Networking, Security and scripting
      1 Answer
    • Pretty standard ones, Linux internals, Networking, Security and scripting   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

The first round was pretty straight forward, most of the questions were personality related. The second round was a technical interview. It was a bit difficult, but i got through. I was required to do an on-site interview, but i was unable to attend.

Senior Software Engineer - QE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yahoo (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

1 Telephonic round. 4 Face to Face rounds. 1 Telecon with SNV counterpart.
    Telephonic was around 1 hour, asked a lot of questions on testing and what I have been working on. Face to face interview: 1st round with a lead, 2nd round - manager, 3rd round with the director, 4th round HR, 5th round with SNV counterpart.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were related to my contributions.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Yahoo (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

resume for shared by the recruiter with Yahoo! HR. Recruiter confirmed the date and time for the interview. Had one interview and got through. HR shared salary details a few days later and the offer was made.

Negotiation

The annual increments are negligible. Negotiate as much as possible while taking the job.

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Interview process was there for a month
    I underwent 3 telephonic rounds and 2 technical rounds followed by a HR Round
    Interview process was smooth

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Compensation was good enough ..

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2013.

Interview

4 rounds of Interview in one day. First round was on problem solving. Second round on puzzle and analytical skills. Third on java. Fourth on design. But HR took time to revert back.