Yahoo Interview Questions in California | Glassdoor

Yahoo Interview Questions in California

Updated May 17, 2017

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Yahoo (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

I had 2 phone interviews and then they made arrangements to fly me to Yahoo Headquarters for in-person interviews. I had 4 in-person interviews on campus. I met with hiring manager and also people on the team that I may work with. Everyone was very professional.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Yahoo (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

First phone call from recruiter to set up an interview. This is a non technical position- marketing. Recruiter has setup two phone interviews with the hiring managers. Very prompt. Mostly, basic questions about resume and past experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me some thing about yourself. Be ready to speak anything mentioned on resume   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Yahoo (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by an HR and had a short 20-30 min conversation to discuss my interests. My Resume was then shared with managers from the Yahoo Mail team and in about 3-4 days I received an email to schedule my interview with an engineer from Yahoo.

The technical interview was ridiculous! The interviewer asked me the Producer/Consumer problem and was expecting an answer in a specific method. Any change in the method was critically questioned/opposed. The interviewer at the end started ridiculing me by asking "how many years of experience you said you have?", "You didn't get a promotion in your company?", "What did you work on in these years?", .. The interview obviously did not go well.

Advice to Yahoo: Trying to prove you are better than other engineers does not help anyone. Kindly learn some basic interview etiquettes!

Everyone else: Avoid interviewing/joining the Yahoo mail team.

Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Yahoo (San Jose, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

the process is pretty decent. the yahoo office is very cozy and I feel the life in yahoo is very ease. people are friendly.

the coffee shop is awesome. the hr give me a warm welcome and guided me to the interview room. all the interviewers are very friendly and try to help you when you get stuck. overall good experience.

cons: you don't cover any expenses and carrental

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn who setup a 1hr phone screen. I was asked to code some html/css/js followed by an algorithm since it was a full stack role. Following the screen I was called for an onsite at Sunnyvale. The onsite had 5 rounds of interview including one lunch interview. Four of the rounds were purely technical with only white board coding.

Unfortunately I felt the problems that were asked were very difficult. I was asked three dynamic programming problems, one trie problem and one bit manipulation. I was able to provide the pseudo code for almost all the problems except one which completely stumped me. I almost felt like I was interviewing for FB/Google.

Interview Questions

• Implement custom regex matcher.
      Auto complete
      Longest palindromic substring
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Yahoo Flickr team !!

Recruiter screen > Two technical phone screen > on-site

They ask you all typical leetcode coding problems. Till phone screen it was absolutely perfect. On the final on-site day, the last interviewer was so weird that he insisted on using the same approach for a problem as mentioned on leetcode.

He even suggested me to spend time on leetcode and memorize the solutions.

No doubt why no one wants to Join them. Sinking ship.

After on-site they don't have the courtesy to send you an official email about rejection.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Yahoo (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

First of all, explain one of my projects to the interviewer. After that I was asked about some computer Science basic knowledge. And it ends with two sections of coding

Interview Questions

• knowledge: difference between Thread and Process, between ArrayList and LinkedList; Web attacks;
      code: an array with only 0s and 1s, put 0s on the left, 1s on the right;
                an array with 0s, 1s, and 2s, put 0s on left, 1s on middle, and 2s on right
      1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Yahoo (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

3 tech interviews and 1 launch meeting with manager. Each tech interview with 45 mins, and the manager will bring you to the restaurant and asked several problem, including one tech problem with oral answer and talking about your background. Don't talk too much, just focus on answering his questions.

Interview Questions

• validate bst / ood design / implement queue with linkedlist /   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

Interview

I then had a phone interview with someone currently in the RH role, and an onsite with several interviews with current team members. They were all well-prepared, and had taken the time to review my resume and experience before talking to me.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Yahoo (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

After passing Codepad coding screen I was invited to onsite 5 hours interview. Unfortunately, 1 hour coding on white-board was scheduled as last. Until that one, I think I was doing ok.