Yahoo Data Insights Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Yahoo Data Insights Analyst Interview Questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (Sunnyvale, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

First, I received the phone interview with the recruiter and then another phone interview with the manager of the Product Analysis Team. After that I was invited to have onsite interview with four interviewers. I talked to each person for 1 hour, respectively. Overall the process went very smooth and they were interested in the thought process and not exact solutions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Yahoo

Anonymous Employee in Lockport, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (Lockport, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

There were totally 4 face to face and 2 phone interviews. Yahoo!'s interview process was very well organized and the ambiance during the interview was kept extremely friendly and relaxed. HR was continuously in touch during and after the interview to give the updates which was the best part. All the managers who interviewed me were from different countries and were very dynamic and encouraging. The treatment was extremely good and my interview at Yahoo! was the best interview experience I ever had. After the interview all the interviewees were given Yahoo! goodie bags.

Interview Questions

• All questions were asked from the Resume.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Yahoo (Sunnyvale, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

Broken hiring process - I interviewed back in December and was told I passed my interviews with flying colors. Onto to the offer review stage which took over TWO months. Yes, it took them two months. I was told I'd hear back beginning of January..then that was pushed back to mid-January...then end of January. The recruiter didn't give me much information, telling me that he himself has no visibility or control of the process, that once they prepare an offer and submitted to the hiring committee, it's off their jurisdiction. Come mid-February, after a few emails, I hear that the hiring committees are finally now reviewing my offer packet.

And then I get a call...1 month after I was supposed to hear back....letting me know that their executives have decided to eliminate the position I was getting hired for due to headcount, because it is no longer deemed a "critical" position.

I'm not sure if this happens often at Yahoo! or if its typical of big companies (I've worked for several and usually they try to work with you when this happens) but dragging a candidate along for 2 months, while knowing that the candidate has other offers, is completely unprofessional.

I seriously thought the recruiter was joking when he said he had bad news. And he kept deflecting blame, saying that this is the executives (+M Mayer's decision) and that no one else has any say. Complete and utter disrespect for candidates!