Yahoo Designer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Yahoo Designer Interview Questions

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Mine was a bit unique. I met one of the employees (from the team that was hiring) and we chatted over coffee. Then the employee set me up for a phone screen with the hiring manager. I seemed to have done okay on the phone interview so I got called to come for an on-site interview. I went in just to entertain them because I wasn't 100% enthusiastic about the job. The on-site was average and nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

• my previous work experience   1 Answer

I declined because the role didn't seem to fit my interests

Other Interview Reviews for Yahoo

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

I was referred by an internal employee for an interview. I was flown to the Sunnyvale office for a day-long interview. It started with an hour-long portfolio review, with a Q+A toward the end. For the rest of the day I had a 1-to-1 interview with different employees, ranging from a manager, PM, and designers, with a lunch break at noon. Quite a standard procedure.

Interview Questions

• Would you say you are an awesome designer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation phase happened over the phone. The recruiter contacted me and after a brief chat she asked the salary I expected. I had a solid figure in mind based on industry standard, and it was a done deal right after I requested it.

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (Burbank, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

I was assigned a quick assignment a week prior the interview and discussed the concept and skillset during the meeting. Then, we had a review for my previous artwork/portfolio then detailedly described about my working experience and expertise.

Interview Questions

• What the best skillset I have to fit the most with the position and how it can be developed and contributed to the company.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yahoo (Sunnyvale, CA) in October 2008.

Interview

I received an email from an employee, followed by an email from the recruiter. After a phone interview with the hiring manager, a formal day-long interview meeting was scheduled. I was flown in the night before to a local hotel. The interview started with an hour-long presentation of my portfolio, followed by 1-hour 1:1 interviews, with a lunch break at noon. At 4 o'clock the hiring manager wrapped up the interview meeting.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to work on the weekend occasionally?
      (I almost never had to work on the weekend.)   1 Answer

Negotiation

I spoke with the recruiter to negotiate my salary. I asked for a slightly higher than my previous salary, and she said that it was the figure she had in mind.