Yahoo Front End Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Yahoo Front End Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Oct 27, 2016

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Yahoo (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online, Team lead contacted and setup a phone interview with another person. Phone + Coderpad interview, interviewer shared a link and explained the codes. 20 minutes each and hardly any discussion or help from interviewer

Interview Questions

• code: 1 function based on callback, 1 function based on call, apply and write a function by taking arguments from two other functions, 1 function that changes the JSON file to clean JSON (object manipulation)   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Yahoo

Front End Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Yahoo in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through referral, 2 phone interviews, both technical. One focused on Web technologies - HTML5, CSS3, Javascript - es6, node, protocols, testing etc.
    Second one focused on data structures. Both required coding on collabedit. For the second interview, I have solved with O(n log n ) time complexity but the interviewer wanted O(n) so got rejected.

Interview Questions

• 1) HTML5, CSS3, Javascript - es6, node.js, protocols, testing etc. requires intense knowledge to answer
      2) search algorithms & trees
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (Sunnyvale, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

2 phone interviews(one js and one pure css) then onsite.
    Onsite : with 3 interviews in a day then lunch with the team leader.
    many scopes in front end: pure js, oo js, dom, http, css, browser rendering, simple algs etc.

Also ask some questions about my resume, projects done before.
    The interviewers are veeery nice.

Interview Questions

• 1. js hoisting, simple oo js and closure
      2. simple algs like duplicate removal and analysis of running time.
      3. some css + html like write a form like this.
      4. js, dom manipulation
      5. http
      3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Yahoo (Sunnyvale, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

One technical phone screen followed by onsite with 4 rounds. Not everyone in the interview panel were nice. One person seemed indifferent to what you say (he kept working on his laptop), and the other person rude and difficult to talk to. Overall an OK experience.

Interview Questions

• 1) Find the longest string in an array of heterogenous elements. What if the array has sub-arrays?
      2) Basics about XSS attack, Performance, CORS
      3) Design a color-picker. Input - red, green, blue values (0-255), Output - color
      4) Tab design. How would you design it without JS, what changes would you make to the structure?
      5) Anagrams and sorting Algo.
      6) aBsrTdA -- input, ABT -- output. Return string (sorted) constructed from uppercase letters.
      7) How do you find if one array is rotated version of another array.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yahoo (San Francisco, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter and scheduled an interview. Interview was scheduled for a week later. The day before the interview was scheduled the recruiter contacted me to cancel. No reason was given.

Front End Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yahoo in March 2016.

Interview

The first step in the process was a technical phone screening. It was average interview with a general software engineering questions along with a front end question dealing with HTML, CSS, Javascript.

Interview Questions

• Given an array of strings, return groups of strings that are anagrams of each other.   Answer Question

Front End Engineer Interview

Interview

Internal recruiter very prompt and helpful. They gave a coding assignment. After that passed, then they conducted an interview online. Coding online with screen sharing on - very patient and helpful interviewer. Then onsite interview for the whole day to meet the rest of the team. More coding and questions on past experiences but no explicit behavioral type questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Yahoo (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

30 minutes interview about basic CSS/HTML/JS questions. Most basic front end concepts. If you have some back end experience, like building server side using PHP, then you may be asked to take a challenge to do a nodeJS assignment in the following four days, which is a task to show your fast learning ability.

Interview Questions

• The concept of event bubbling, closure, box model, prototype, CSS position type, the difference between id and class.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (Sunnyvale, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Recruited contacted me via Linkedin. The whole process took about 3 weeks. I had 3 interviews

1) Phone Interview - Basic hr stuff , talked about resume and role at yahoo.
    2)Phone Technical interview - Verbal tech questions, basic front end stuff.
    3)Onsite Interview (Sunnyvale, CA) - had a total of 6 interviews 5 tech and 1 Hr. 4 of the interviews focused on coding html/css/js and 1 interview was CS core like DB/Algorithms/Tree Traversal.

I wasn't expecting to have a CS fundamentals interview , I hadn't brushed up on those topics.

The campus is ok, nothing to complain.

Interview Questions

• Write a js program to dispense change in denomation of 25cents/10cents/5cents/1cent   Answer Question

Front End Engineer Interview

Interview

This is a on campus interview, the process of the interview is very straight forward, a guy look at my resume and ask about some detailed questions regarding it. Then we have worked on a question on a c++ question, which is simply find out all the prime number less than 65536. Then we discussed some web design skills which I've used in my projects. I think I did well, but didn't hear from them since then.