Yahoo Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 7, 2018

2.8

52 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Yahoo (Portland, OR) in February 2018.

Interview

Recruiter was good. He first asked about my favourite project and then went on to coding task. This telephonic Interview was of 45 mins. there was a code based on trees. He had defined the problem himself and told me to code on it. But at the end of the interview he really gave a good feedback.

Interview Questions

• Advanced datastructures with optimum time and space complexity   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Yahoo

Intern Interview

Interview

Got an interview from campus recruiting. The staff are great. After introducing myself and talked with the staff for a while, I got a chance for the interview. Hope everything goes well.
    Haven't attend the interview yet. Will update after the interview.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview

Asked me questions from Algorithm data structures, operating system, net working. Very easy questions. After phone interview I was called onsite and all the interviews happened there. Back to back 5 interviews on above subjects.

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Yahoo (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

First phone call from recruiter to set up an interview. This is a non technical position- marketing. Recruiter has setup two phone interviews with the hiring managers. Very prompt. Mostly, basic questions about resume and past experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me some thing about yourself. Be ready to speak anything mentioned on resume   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pitts, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Yahoo (Pitts, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

First technical interview. I was really nervous but the interviewers are really nice and helped me a lot in walking through the progress. I had two interviewers, two people asked me different programming questions and asked me to write on a whiteboard.

Interview Questions

• How to implement deq and enq using the stack interface?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Yahoo (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Met representatives from Yahoo at the university fair. Discussed possibilities regarding a summer internship. The HR was very friendly and scheduled an interview the following day as per my preferred time slots. The interviewer was pretty chilled out as well. A brief discussion of my profile and experiences, followed by a simple program to reverse a given string.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo in October 2016.

Interview

Recruiter was ridiculously slow and / or unresponsive. I sent 3+ emails asking for my first interviewer's email so I could personally thank them, or for her to pass forward my thanks. Not a single time did she respond to any of my emails or confirm - the only times she ever replied to me was because I was direct replying to one of her emails, and even then she'd respond 3 days (minimum!) to a week later. On a Monday I asked to switch the 2nd round phone interview from that week Friday to next week's Thursday. She responded that same Friday an hour before the interview, and the interviewer called anyway because my recruiter clearly didn't contact them. Extremely unprofessional. I declined to continue with the interview process after that because communication was so lacking and frustrating.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Two 1- hour phone interviews. Kind interviewers. They really tried to help you when you got stuck. But they did not give you any notification if you failed the interview.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yahoo in May 2016.

Interview

Contacted directly from director followed by two technical phone screen interviews one by software principal and another with same director who contacted earlier, and then offer letter from HR department

Interview Questions

• Basic DS and algorithm questions, how to improve performance of web application on different layer?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo in April 2016.

Interview

I applied the job through oncampus career fair and then I got the interview. I scheduled the first round interview and pass it, get reply within one week. I scheduled another round of phone interview, and I answered all of them and the interviewer said it was good solution. However, I received no response from them any more. They did not email me the final decision.