Yahoo Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Yahoo Intern Interview Questions

Updated May 11, 2017

2.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview

Asked me questions from Algorithm data structures, operating system, net working. Very easy questions. After phone interview I was called onsite and all the interviews happened there. Back to back 5 interviews on above subjects.

Other Interview Reviews for Yahoo

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Yahoo (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

First phone call from recruiter to set up an interview. This is a non technical position- marketing. Recruiter has setup two phone interviews with the hiring managers. Very prompt. Mostly, basic questions about resume and past experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me some thing about yourself. Be ready to speak anything mentioned on resume   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pitts, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Yahoo (Pitts, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

First technical interview. I was really nervous but the interviewers are really nice and helped me a lot in walking through the progress. I had two interviewers, two people asked me different programming questions and asked me to write on a whiteboard.

Interview Questions

• How to implement deq and enq using the stack interface?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Yahoo (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Met representatives from Yahoo at the university fair. Discussed possibilities regarding a summer internship. The HR was very friendly and scheduled an interview the following day as per my preferred time slots. The interviewer was pretty chilled out as well. A brief discussion of my profile and experiences, followed by a simple program to reverse a given string.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo in October 2016.

Interview

Recruiter was ridiculously slow and / or unresponsive. I sent 3+ emails asking for my first interviewer's email so I could personally thank them, or for her to pass forward my thanks. Not a single time did she respond to any of my emails or confirm - the only times she ever replied to me was because I was direct replying to one of her emails, and even then she'd respond 3 days (minimum!) to a week later. On a Monday I asked to switch the 2nd round phone interview from that week Friday to next week's Thursday. She responded that same Friday an hour before the interview, and the interviewer called anyway because my recruiter clearly didn't contact them. Extremely unprofessional. I declined to continue with the interview process after that because communication was so lacking and frustrating.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (Champaign, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Talked to a Yahoo Champaign representative at a career fair. Had two phone interviews with members of the team I was applying to which was a web focused team. Was asked a lot of specific HTML/CSS, javascript, web questions. The interview was pretty specific to the actual team/tools that you would be working with during the internship.

Interview Questions

• Given an array of 99 numbers from 1 to 100, find the number that is missing.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Two 1- hour phone interviews. Kind interviewers. They really tried to help you when you got stuck. But they did not give you any notification if you failed the interview.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo in April 2016.

Interview

I applied the job through oncampus career fair and then I got the interview. I scheduled the first round interview and pass it, get reply within one week. I scheduled another round of phone interview, and I answered all of them and the interviewer said it was good solution. However, I received no response from them any more. They did not email me the final decision.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Yahoo (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied through a college recruiter. They immediately scheduled an interview for me the next day. First interview was pretty easy but I messed one question up, so I thought I wouldn't make it to the next round but I did. Second interview was 1 hard Leetcode question but I got it right, so i got an offer. The offer process was really long. For some reason Marissa Mayer has to approve every intern acceptance, so I had to wait at least two weeks after I got an offer to get an official offer letter. Overall it was an enjoyable process.

Interview Questions

• 1st interview - 1 easy dynamic programming question and reverse linked list
      2nd interview - 1 hard greedy algorithm question
      1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview

I applied for this job at a on campus recruiting event. After about 2 weeks, I get the interview invitation telling me to schedule the interview in the next week. This is a phone interview with online coding tool, for 2015 software engineer internship. There should be another on campus interview after this.

Interview Questions

• count occurrence of each word in a string, where the words are separated by space. split() is not allowed.   1 Answer