Yahoo Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Yahoo Intern Interview Questions

Updated Feb 18, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Yahoo (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Met representatives from Yahoo at the university fair. Discussed possibilities regarding a summer internship. The HR was very friendly and scheduled an interview the following day as per my preferred time slots. The interviewer was pretty chilled out as well. A brief discussion of my profile and experiences, followed by a simple program to reverse a given string.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Yahoo

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo in October 2016.

Interview

Recruiter was ridiculously slow and / or unresponsive. I sent 3+ emails asking for my first interviewer's email so I could personally thank them, or for her to pass forward my thanks. Not a single time did she respond to any of my emails or confirm - the only times she ever replied to me was because I was direct replying to one of her emails, and even then she'd respond 3 days (minimum!) to a week later. On a Monday I asked to switch the 2nd round phone interview from that week Friday to next week's Thursday. She responded that same Friday an hour before the interview, and the interviewer called anyway because my recruiter clearly didn't contact them. Extremely unprofessional. I declined to continue with the interview process after that because communication was so lacking and frustrating.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (Champaign, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Talked to a Yahoo Champaign representative at a career fair. Had two phone interviews with members of the team I was applying to which was a web focused team. Was asked a lot of specific HTML/CSS, javascript, web questions. The interview was pretty specific to the actual team/tools that you would be working with during the internship.

Interview Questions

• Given an array of 99 numbers from 1 to 100, find the number that is missing.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Two 1- hour phone interviews. Kind interviewers. They really tried to help you when you got stuck. But they did not give you any notification if you failed the interview.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo in April 2016.

Interview

I applied the job through oncampus career fair and then I got the interview. I scheduled the first round interview and pass it, get reply within one week. I scheduled another round of phone interview, and I answered all of them and the interviewer said it was good solution. However, I received no response from them any more. They did not email me the final decision.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Yahoo (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied through a college recruiter. They immediately scheduled an interview for me the next day. First interview was pretty easy but I messed one question up, so I thought I wouldn't make it to the next round but I did. Second interview was 1 hard Leetcode question but I got it right, so i got an offer. The offer process was really long. For some reason Marissa Mayer has to approve every intern acceptance, so I had to wait at least two weeks after I got an offer to get an official offer letter. Overall it was an enjoyable process.

Interview Questions

• 1st interview - 1 easy dynamic programming question and reverse linked list
      2nd interview - 1 hard greedy algorithm question
      1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview

I applied for this job at a on campus recruiting event. After about 2 weeks, I get the interview invitation telling me to schedule the interview in the next week. This is a phone interview with online coding tool, for 2015 software engineer internship. There should be another on campus interview after this.

Interview Questions

• count occurrence of each word in a string, where the words are separated by space. split() is not allowed.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview

One technical interview with multiple people. Asked to present on previous projects and work. Standard whiteboard programming problems at the end. Seems like the experience is highly variable based on which group you interview for.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Bumped up the offer a little bit.

Intern Interview

Interview

The people that interviewed me were very nice. Even when I did not know the answer to the question they were really nice and tried to help out. I had an interview with two people. It lasted for about an hour.

Interview Questions

• How would you use css in html doc   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

I was directly given a problem statement and asked to code it. The interview was via a phone call and simultaneous coding on a shared document. The interview went on to approximately 40 to 50 minutes. The code had to be executed and run on a compiler connected to the shared documet.

Interview Questions

• Given an array sort in a manner such that you first have the even numbers followed by odd numbers.   1 Answer