Yahoo Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Yahoo Intern Interview Questions

Updated Apr 2, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pitts, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Yahoo (Pitts, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

First technical interview. I was really nervous but the interviewers are really nice and helped me a lot in walking through the progress. I had two interviewers, two people asked me different programming questions and asked me to write on a whiteboard.

Interview Questions

• How to implement deq and enq using the stack interface?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Yahoo

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Yahoo (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Met representatives from Yahoo at the university fair. Discussed possibilities regarding a summer internship. The HR was very friendly and scheduled an interview the following day as per my preferred time slots. The interviewer was pretty chilled out as well. A brief discussion of my profile and experiences, followed by a simple program to reverse a given string.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo in October 2016.

Interview

Recruiter was ridiculously slow and / or unresponsive. I sent 3+ emails asking for my first interviewer's email so I could personally thank them, or for her to pass forward my thanks. Not a single time did she respond to any of my emails or confirm - the only times she ever replied to me was because I was direct replying to one of her emails, and even then she'd respond 3 days (minimum!) to a week later. On a Monday I asked to switch the 2nd round phone interview from that week Friday to next week's Thursday. She responded that same Friday an hour before the interview, and the interviewer called anyway because my recruiter clearly didn't contact them. Extremely unprofessional. I declined to continue with the interview process after that because communication was so lacking and frustrating.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Two 1- hour phone interviews. Kind interviewers. They really tried to help you when you got stuck. But they did not give you any notification if you failed the interview.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo in April 2016.

Interview

I applied the job through oncampus career fair and then I got the interview. I scheduled the first round interview and pass it, get reply within one week. I scheduled another round of phone interview, and I answered all of them and the interviewer said it was good solution. However, I received no response from them any more. They did not email me the final decision.

Intern Interview

Interview

The people that interviewed me were very nice. Even when I did not know the answer to the question they were really nice and tried to help out. I had an interview with two people. It lasted for about an hour.

Interview Questions

• How would you use css in html doc   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

I was directly given a problem statement and asked to code it. The interview was via a phone call and simultaneous coding on a shared document. The interview went on to approximately 40 to 50 minutes. The code had to be executed and run on a compiler connected to the shared documet.

Interview Questions

• Given an array sort in a manner such that you first have the even numbers followed by odd numbers.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yahoo (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

The HR selects candidates on the basis of their resume. Then a technical interview is scheduled. If you qualify the first interview, you will go through to the second one. It is easy to get an interview call if you have a decent resume. Be cool during the interview and speak all the time. The interviewer expects you to describe each and every thought process of yours.

Interview Questions

• First Question: Implement a stack using 2 queues. You can start by doing the brute force method but the interviewer expects you to provide the most efficient algorithm.
      Second Question: The interviewer asked me to write the exact code of how to find the inorder successor of a node in a Binary Search Tree. Also, he asked me the running order of the code that I wrote.
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview

1)Late reply from the univ recruiter
    2)Ask you any damn questions doesnt even realise its for intern who are here to learn and not answer questions which are for experienced people
    3)Doesnt even bother about what I did previously ,one questions and if you cant its over

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through campus career fair. I was called to their office. Then there were two rounds of interview with the team leads of two projects. Very intensive and completely technical.

Interview Questions

• 1. In a string of inputs like 1111... followed by 0000..., how would you detect the first occurrence of 0?
      2. Given a string of words with all the white-spaces removed, and another array of strings as the dictionary of valid words, reintroduce the white-spaces. Do this by recursion only.
      3. Make a square spiral structure using iteration only.
      2 Answers