Yahoo Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Yahoo Intern Interview Questions

Updated Feb 18, 2017

2.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview

1)Late reply from the univ recruiter
2)Ask you any damn questions doesnt even realise its for intern who are here to learn and not answer questions which are for experienced people
3)Doesnt even bother about what I did previously ,one questions and if you cant its over

Other Interview Reviews for Yahoo

Intern Interview

Interview

The people that interviewed me were very nice. Even when I did not know the answer to the question they were really nice and tried to help out. I had an interview with two people. It lasted for about an hour.

Interview Questions

• How would you use css in html doc   2 Answers

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through campus career fair. I was called to their office. Then there were two rounds of interview with the team leads of two projects. Very intensive and completely technical.

Interview Questions

• 1. In a string of inputs like 1111... followed by 0000..., how would you detect the first occurrence of 0?
      2. Given a string of words with all the white-spaces removed, and another array of strings as the dictionary of valid words, reintroduce the white-spaces. Do this by recursion only.
      3. Make a square spiral structure using iteration only.
      2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (Atlanta, GA) in September 2013.

Interview

The interview was alright. they did ask some pretty tough questions though, but all of them were based on my resume. you should really know everything you put on your resume. Other than that, there is definitely coding, but they let you choose what language you want, I chose java and c.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yahoo in April 2013.

Interview

The interview was via phone by the hiring manager

Interview Questions

• Write an algorithm that identifies a prime number from a list of numbers ranging 0-100.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Yahoo (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2007.

Interview

Yahoo took a long time to give a decision after the interview. I got one phone interview and one on-campus interview. The phone interview lasted about 20 minutes and was asked coding questions. The on-site interview consisted of both personality questions and coding questions. The HR rep who organized the interview was very prompt in all requests and setting things up. However, I got the official offer about a month after my second interview. Basically, the manager didn't finalize on his end after the interview. I usually push for decisions by the end of the week, but Yahoo chose to drag it out to the very end. However, in the end, it all worked out.

Interview Questions

• Write a function given x, the function returns the xth number in the Fibonacci sequence.   4 Answers

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Yahoo (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied through a college recruiter. They immediately scheduled an interview for me the next day. First interview was pretty easy but I messed one question up, so I thought I wouldn't make it to the next round but I did. Second interview was 1 hard Leetcode question but I got it right, so i got an offer. The offer process was really long. For some reason Marissa Mayer has to approve every intern acceptance, so I had to wait at least two weeks after I got an offer to get an official offer letter. Overall it was an enjoyable process.

Interview Questions

• 1st interview - 1 easy dynamic programming question and reverse linked list
      2nd interview - 1 hard greedy algorithm question
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Two 1- hour phone interviews. Kind interviewers. They really tried to help you when you got stuck. But they did not give you any notification if you failed the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Yahoo (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2014.

Interview

First round was a basic questions in programming concepts and my background. The second round was technical, they asked about data structures. But after the interview I did not get any feedback, not even a email about rejection.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yahoo (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

The HR selects candidates on the basis of their resume. Then a technical interview is scheduled. If you qualify the first interview, you will go through to the second one. It is easy to get an interview call if you have a decent resume. Be cool during the interview and speak all the time. The interviewer expects you to describe each and every thought process of yours.

Interview Questions

• First Question: Implement a stack using 2 queues. You can start by doing the brute force method but the interviewer expects you to provide the most efficient algorithm.
      Second Question: The interviewer asked me to write the exact code of how to find the inorder successor of a node in a Binary Search Tree. Also, he asked me the running order of the code that I wrote.
      Answer Question