Yahoo Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 11, 2017

2.8

51 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview

1)Late reply from the univ recruiter
2)Ask you any damn questions doesnt even realise its for intern who are here to learn and not answer questions which are for experienced people
3)Doesnt even bother about what I did previously ,one questions and if you cant its over

Other Interview Reviews for Yahoo

Intern Interview

Interview

The people that interviewed me were very nice. Even when I did not know the answer to the question they were really nice and tried to help out. I had an interview with two people. It lasted for about an hour.

Interview Questions

• How would you use css in html doc   2 Answers

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through campus career fair. I was called to their office. Then there were two rounds of interview with the team leads of two projects. Very intensive and completely technical.

Interview Questions

• 1. In a string of inputs like 1111... followed by 0000..., how would you detect the first occurrence of 0?
      2. Given a string of words with all the white-spaces removed, and another array of strings as the dictionary of valid words, reintroduce the white-spaces. Do this by recursion only.
      3. Make a square spiral structure using iteration only.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (Atlanta, GA) in September 2013.

Interview

The interview was alright. they did ask some pretty tough questions though, but all of them were based on my resume. you should really know everything you put on your resume. Other than that, there is definitely coding, but they let you choose what language you want, I chose java and c.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yahoo in April 2013.

Interview

The interview was via phone by the hiring manager

Interview Questions

• Write an algorithm that identifies a prime number from a list of numbers ranging 0-100.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Yahoo (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2007.

Interview

Yahoo took a long time to give a decision after the interview. I got one phone interview and one on-campus interview. The phone interview lasted about 20 minutes and was asked coding questions. The on-site interview consisted of both personality questions and coding questions. The HR rep who organized the interview was very prompt in all requests and setting things up. However, I got the official offer about a month after my second interview. Basically, the manager didn't finalize on his end after the interview. I usually push for decisions by the end of the week, but Yahoo chose to drag it out to the very end. However, in the end, it all worked out.

Interview Questions

• Write a function given x, the function returns the xth number in the Fibonacci sequence.   4 Answers

Intern Interview

Interview

Got an interview from campus recruiting. The staff are great. After introducing myself and talked with the staff for a while, I got a chance for the interview. Hope everything goes well.
    Haven't attend the interview yet. Will update after the interview.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yahoo in May 2016.

Interview

Contacted directly from director followed by two technical phone screen interviews one by software principal and another with same director who contacted earlier, and then offer letter from HR department

Interview Questions

• Basic DS and algorithm questions, how to improve performance of web application on different layer?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yahoo in February 2015.

Interview

Three separate rounds of interview with HR, the department manager and the department head. A personal 1-1 interview session with each of the three persons in the colorful Y! office itself. People were generally pretty nice and friendly, and the interview was more like a
    Informal conversation and not that structured or formal.

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Yahoo (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

First phone call from recruiter to set up an interview. This is a non technical position- marketing. Recruiter has setup two phone interviews with the hiring managers. Very prompt. Mostly, basic questions about resume and past experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me some thing about yourself. Be ready to speak anything mentioned on resume   Answer Question