Yahoo Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 11, 2017

2.8

51 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview

three phone interviews with analysts and then marketing director. It's very pleasant and informative. I learnt a lot about the work they are doing. They also gave feedbacks on my performance which I find extremely helpful in my future job search

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Yahoo

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview

After speaking to representatives at a job fair, I received an interest email and from there had a phone interview scheduled. It was a 45 minute technical interview where I coded in a Google Doc. The interviewer had a strong Indian accent that was very difficult to understand and besides that, she wasn't articulate at explaining each problem prompt. It was actually a very frustrating interview. I didn't hear back for three weeks, at which time I got an email saying I had made it to the next round, but at that point I was turned off enough by the process and had already received other offers that I stopped.

Interview Questions

• There was a question on JavaScript closures, in particular about factory functions. Very specific to JavaScript.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview

The Process took 2-3 weeks. Initial phone interview followed by 2- phone interviews. Still waiting for the HR interview and confirmation.

Interview Questions

• HTTP post methods, how to make programs compied on different machines (32 and 63 bit) compatible with a single application using them.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Referred by a friend

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yahoo (Sunnyvale, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

I heard about the position through a friend, emailed her contact and was asked to come in for a 1:1 interview with the team. I was called a few days later and offered the job

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time where you overcame adversity   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Yahoo in September 2014.

Interview

Very bad experience. They sent a new hire for interview who has limited knowledge of anything. Very bad of Yahoo to send such a newbie for interview when I myself have 2+ years of industry experience. Also I was told that I will be reimbursed for cab fare which I never was.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Yahoo (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Met representatives from Yahoo at the university fair. Discussed possibilities regarding a summer internship. The HR was very friendly and scheduled an interview the following day as per my preferred time slots. The interviewer was pretty chilled out as well. A brief discussion of my profile and experiences, followed by a simple program to reverse a given string.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo in October 2016.

Interview

Recruiter was ridiculously slow and / or unresponsive. I sent 3+ emails asking for my first interviewer's email so I could personally thank them, or for her to pass forward my thanks. Not a single time did she respond to any of my emails or confirm - the only times she ever replied to me was because I was direct replying to one of her emails, and even then she'd respond 3 days (minimum!) to a week later. On a Monday I asked to switch the 2nd round phone interview from that week Friday to next week's Thursday. She responded that same Friday an hour before the interview, and the interviewer called anyway because my recruiter clearly didn't contact them. Extremely unprofessional. I declined to continue with the interview process after that because communication was so lacking and frustrating.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview

Asked me questions from Algorithm data structures, operating system, net working. Very easy questions. After phone interview I was called onsite and all the interviews happened there. Back to back 5 interviews on above subjects.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Yahoo (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2012.

Interview

I was referred to by another intern and sent my curriculum vitae through him. I received a phone call within 2 days. He asked me all sort of questions from my curriculum vitae, about my experiences and was impressed by my previous internships.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not negotiable