Yahoo Product Manager, Search Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Yahoo Product Manager, Search Interview Questions

2.5

Product Manager Search Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yahoo (San Jose, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

Hiring manager did a phone screening and he/she asked questions about search, and advertising.
Questions :
What are the drivers of search based advertising
How do you get more advertisers to advertise on yahoo
What are the parameters

And the usual behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Yahoo

Product Manager, Search Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (San Jose, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

Yahoo's recruiting team handles the initial screening, and also makes sure that you're only interviewing with one team at a time to avoid competing offers. The recruiting team is pretty efficient at handling the scheduling and communicating to you all of the details of where to show up, and who you will interview with.

The actual interviews were with the hiring manager, a peer on the product team, and the engineering and UX design leads that work directly with that product team. I remember being disappointed in their interview questions, because they seemed too basic and straightforward - I expect that in a phone screen, but they didn't ask anything that would really separate a great candidate from those that just met the basic qualifications.

They were all very nice people, but I realized it wouldn't be the right kind of challenging experience, so I passed on the opportunity.

Interview Questions

• How would you design this search result widget to fit into another Yahoo! page?   1 Answer

I realized I wasn't excited enough about their area of the company, and I got feedback from former employees that the Search team would not be a good fit for my personality.