Yahoo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Yahoo Interview Questions

Updated Sep 10, 2017
1,008 Interview Reviews

Editorial Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yahoo (Singapore (Singapore)) in August 2016.

Interview

I had been referred to Yahoo through one of my lecturers. I wrote in and met up with the Editor-In-Chief and my immediate editor whom I would be working under. The interview was smooth and conversational. Interviewers asked more about myself and what kind of pitches i would make should I be hired.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Very straight forward. Lots of data structure and algorithm question. The interviewers were friendly and helped with the questions. The interview process took couple of hours. Lot's of white boarding. I will suggest practice question on whiteboard. It will help.

Associate Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview

The process started with a phone screen with the recruiter who was super nice and she explained the program, the process and steps involved . This was followed 2 phone screens with product managers, who were part of the program before.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Yahoo (Champaign, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Yahoo got my resume in the Career Fair of my college. Then I got phone interview opportunity after two days. During the phone interview, interviewer asked my some Java fundamentals, DB concept, and SQL design question. Then I got onsite opportunity after one week. Onsite interview had four rounds. First round was about CS fundamentals, second round was Front End Programming, third round was reverse engineering/scripting, the last round was talking to team manager.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yahoo in May 2016.

Interview

Contacted directly from director followed by two technical phone screen interviews one by software principal and another with same director who contacted earlier, and then offer letter from HR department

Interview Questions

• Basic DS and algorithm questions, how to improve performance of web application on different layer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Yahoo (New York, NY).

Interview

1 phone tech screen + 4 rounds on site
    The interview questions are quite typical. You may expect to code on a laptop.
    Based on what I observed, the environment and culture was good(easy, work & life balanced).
     It was not my first time having interview at Yahoo. I would say their HR/recruiters and their management were terrible. They were chewing while talking to you over phone. They could mess up the schedule, forget to follow up, etc. Last thing, you were rejected if they hadn't given you the feedback in 2 days.

Interview Questions

• 3 hour solving problem by coding on computer + 3 rounds of typical white board
      Its difficulty is median.   Answer Question

Devops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Yahoo (Sunnyvale, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

One call with 10 tech questions: system and script.
    How do you terminate a shell script if statement?
    How would you use AWK to extract the sixth field from a line of text containing colon (:) delimited fields that is stored in a variable called passwd_line?
    Can you tell me the various stages of a Linux process, it passes through?

Interview Questions

• general linux certifications questions and few scripting questions   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Yahoo in March 2017.

Interview

applied on college job portal in February 2017, and they contact me more then one month later. Scheduled an interview one week later. it was a 45min phone screen interview, the interviewer called on time, giving 2 coding test and then one system-like question. Coding test is some binary tree traverse and follow up.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yahoo in February 2015.

Interview

Three separate rounds of interview with HR, the department manager and the department head. A personal 1-1 interview session with each of the three persons in the colorful Y! office itself. People were generally pretty nice and friendly, and the interview was more like a
    Informal conversation and not that structured or formal.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Yahoo in May 2017.

Interview

I applied by university recruiting program. It is a 30-minute phone interview. The question is not difficult. But the phone signal is not very good. So I didn't pass it.

Interview Questions

• level-order traversal of a binary tree.   1 Answer