Yahoo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Yahoo Interview Questions

Updated Feb 18, 2017

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Yahoo (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied through a college recruiter. They immediately scheduled an interview for me the next day. First interview was pretty easy but I messed one question up, so I thought I wouldn't make it to the next round but I did. Second interview was 1 hard Leetcode question but I got it right, so i got an offer. The offer process was really long. For some reason Marissa Mayer has to approve every intern acceptance, so I had to wait at least two weeks after I got an offer to get an official offer letter. Overall it was an enjoyable process.

Interview Questions

• 1st interview - 1 easy dynamic programming question and reverse linked list
      2nd interview - 1 hard greedy algorithm question
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yahoo (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

2 technical rounds. Back to back. 45 min each. After that, next rounds would be a couple of technical phone interviews. Didn't make it to the phone interview rounds.

Interview Questions

• Graph problem. Based on traveling salesman problem, DFS. Also asked, design questions, string and hash table based questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview

Applied through email and just did one round of phone interview, it is easy, asking many basic and some open end questions about SQL, C/C++/Java and focusing on basic usage and OOP concept with some hard bonus questions. Coding questions are also easy, just string manipulations. Got on-site invite several days later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (Sunnyvale, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Got 2 phone screen interviews after submitting my resume. Interviewing with two managers from different teams. Each phone screen was 60 minutes. Managers talked about the their teams and Yahoo products, cultures. I think my phone interviews went well but I didn't get an onsite interview after two phone screen interviews for no reason.

Interview Questions

• One coding challenge consists of three parts. String processing. Find the longest string contains common substring in a string array.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (Sunnyvale, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

4 rounds for the onsite interview. 3 rounds of coding + 1 round of lunch. Most coding problems are easy to medium on OJ, except one graph problem, which is supposed to be hard (which is hard to describe without graph).

Production Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yahoo (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interviewer will introduce the position structure of Yahoo. Then he will ask you some technical problems about the backend area. There is no coding in my interview. But the interviewer ask many problem solving questions. The importance of the interview is knowledge of server and linux command. Also he will ask some questions about the network.

Interview Questions

• If there is a long latency for a java application in server, what's wrong?   Answer Question

O S Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yahoo in February 2017.

Interview

Yahoo called us for interview through a third party company called Atem Software and that we would be on Atem Payroll but working under Yahoo.

First Round was Aptitude
    It was very easy. A guy with good mathematical and spoken English skills could easily get through

Managerial Roud
    Asked about my project and also excel questions and a lot of other scenario based questions

Later we were told that out of 6 people who were interviewed three people would be called for further rounds.

None of us were contacted and we had to follow up by calling the Atem Software guy and he told us none of the 6 guys who were interviewed were selected.

Very disappointed that such a huge MNC also has such unjust practices. I found out that even MNCs rely on lies and unfair policies to get what they want.

Interview Questions

• From your Resume

excel questions
      VLookup Digital Marketing etc
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yahoo (Buffalo, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online on yahoo website. A few days later got a call from one of the recruiters saying some managers are looking at my resume and they will tell in a day or two. Two days later I got a call from the same recruiter saying one of the managers has selected my resume for further screening. Then scheduled a phone screen interview a few days later.

Interview Questions

• First asked about my college projects. Then asked me if we have a lot of data and want to sort it what would you do. Then gave me a list of sorted list, I had to merge it into one sorted list.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yahoo (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

After the career fair I got an on-campus interview, two turns of 40-min each. Two interviewers asked me questions about web development knowledge, how well you know TCP/IP protocols and other questions. Then you do whiteboard programming tasks. Tasks are very simple. But I am not very familiar with networking protocols.

Interview Questions

• What happen when you navigate to an webpage? What is cookies? Parse a string with spaces. Find a path in a directed graph.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo in January 2017.

Interview

Had two phone interviews, both technical. The first guy was very cool and was very impressed by my performance on the first question which took relatively longer time (~45 mins). He just asked second question which he was not expecting me to complete, but just asked my approach to solve it, he even provided some hints. I gave detail algorithmic approach to solve the problem and he was very impressed with that. Then the second phone interview was a mess up. There was a guy who just asked a question (not good english) and after my attempt to analyze and solve it, asked me to stop because the interview was only 30 mins. He didn't say about that in the beginning of the interview. He gave me 5 more minutes to solve it, I tried my best and had algorithmically correct code. He just told me to contact the HR tomorrow which means he had bad scoring for me. I didn't contact the HR neither I heard from them.

Interview Questions

• Pretty much same questions as we can find in glassdoor.   1 Answer