Yahoo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 14, 2017
1,041 Interview Reviews

Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Yahoo (Newport News, VA) in October 2017.

Interview

It was great. Glassdoor really gives you a good experience on the different salaries and jobs out here. I was very pleased with this website. I would refer this site to anyone.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yahoo in October 2017.

Interview

I attended my school's career fair and met with one of the recruiters from Yahoo. We decided to schedule an on-campus interview afterwards. The interviewer was pretty nice. He was really passionate about his lifestyle at Yahoo in the Bay area. Then we go into a technical question.

Interview Questions

• Given the head of a LinkedList find the kth to last element in the list.   Answer Question

Accounting and Reporting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Yahoo (Omaha, NE) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied and was contacted within a few weeks. I had an initial phone screen and then an in-person interview. The interviewers were very friendly and enthusiastic. About a week after my interview I was offered the position. The whole process from application to offer was about 2 months.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company?
      Do you prefer to work alone or in a team?
      Why did you choose your major?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Very straight forward. Lots of data structure and algorithm question. The interviewers were friendly and helped with the questions. The interview process took couple of hours. Lot's of white boarding. I will suggest practice question on whiteboard. It will help.

Associate Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview

The process started with a phone screen with the recruiter who was super nice and she explained the program, the process and steps involved . This was followed 2 phone screens with product managers, who were part of the program before.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yahoo (Ann Arbor, MI) in September 2017.

Interview

It was not quite an interview but a meet-up during a career fair. The recruiter on the scene did not seem to be very knowledgable about the work. He showed no interest to me, and would rather respond to mediocre projects made up by other interviewees.

Interview Questions

• Q: What projects are you interested in Yahoo?   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (Champaign, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview for about an hour. Intricate questions in c++ and java. The questions can go very deep. However, the interviewer is always there to help if you get stuck. Followed by an interactive coding question on collabedit. The interviewer was very helpful throughout the process

Interview Questions

• Implement an AddressBook (lookup, add, delete)   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Yahoo (New York, NY).

Interview

1 phone tech screen + 4 rounds on site
    The interview questions are quite typical. You may expect to code on a laptop.
    Based on what I observed, the environment and culture was good(easy, work & life balanced).
     It was not my first time having interview at Yahoo. I would say their HR/recruiters and their management were terrible. They were chewing while talking to you over phone. They could mess up the schedule, forget to follow up, etc. Last thing, you were rejected if they hadn't given you the feedback in 2 days.

Interview Questions

• 3 hour solving problem by coding on computer + 3 rounds of typical white board
      Its difficulty is median.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview

Recruiter contacted over LinkedIn. Scheduled initial phone screen tech interview. But, they did not call me on the scheduled time, rescheduled again, didn't call again, rescheduled again and finally called on the 3rd time. The person who interviewed me was rude, seemed like he was in hurry to get the interview done just for the sake of it. If you don't have the time to take the interview in a professional manner, why waste the time of candidate?
    I believe I gave the answer to the question they asked including edge-cases, still got a rejection email saying they wanted to hire someone with more coding experience. Not writing this review because I didn't get selected for next round of interview, but purely because of the bad experience I had with the interview process.
    Totally a negative experience, just like using their app and website.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

First phone screen with a recruiter to gauge interest and teams. Tech phone screen with random engineer, then online coding test. After passing that I had a call with an interested engineer who did a dog and pony show to sell me his team. Onsite with eng team was 5 interviews mostly algorithms and coding. One was front end CSS and HTML questions, the rest were general data structure stuff. Last interview was with the director just chatting about my experience

Interview Questions

• Design a distributed cache and code it on the whiteboard in Java   Answer Question