Yahoo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Yahoo Interview Questions

Updated Feb 27, 2017

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview

Details of Data Structure and syntax of a specific programming language. The Data Structure part contains list, set and the difference between these two in terms of their time complexity. The second part contains a lot of technical details including how to implement hashmap and how to resolve conflicts of hashing.

Production Engineer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lockport, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (Lockport, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied through yahoo careers portal. Got call from recruiter in a week or so, he told me more about the position and asked questions regarding my background. The recruiter then followed up with some technical questions which he noted to pass onto the hiring manager. Next step was a hangout interview with a panel of 3 people. They started by asking me Linux questions- booting process, directories, commands etc. followed by scenario question- what would you do in the following case? Then Networking part- explain ARP, state machine of OSPF, BGP etc. The interview lasted for approximately 45 mins. They were very polite and repeated the questions if I was not clear. Waiting to hear back from them now

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo in November 2016.

Interview

On October, I posted my resume on career fair in my university, after 3 weeks, the recruiter contacted me and gave me a phone interview. During the interview, I was asked a lot of Java basic knowledge, and 2 easy coding problem. After the phone interview, the recruiter told me they would give me a feedback within a week.

Interview Questions

• Java garbage collection; What do you think of Java compared with C++
      merge 2 sorted array, follow up: without duplicates
      merge k sorted array
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Yahoo (Sunnyvale, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Two technical phone screenings, one day onsite (three interviews -- the first two were technical, the third was behavioral). Heard back within two days, very fast turnaround. Recruiters were very nice & helpful.

Interview Questions

• Find the kth largest element in an array   2 Answers
    • Write an algorithm to calculate x to the power of n in less than O(n) time   Answer Question

Social Media Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

A couple of weeks after I applied online, Yahoo HR reached out for a phone screening interview and then scheduled me to take a "test" the following week. They said they would be there if I had any questions throughout the process. I took the "test" at their office with five others. I reached out to HR a few days later and they said they were meeting with the hiring managers and would have an update for me the following week. I never heard back from them.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to pitch 2 new article ideas and write 1 ready to be published within 1 and 1/2 hours.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yahoo in November 2016.

Interview

A senior developer (tech leader) contacted me after an internal referral from Yahoo search team, front end part. Then scheduled a phone interview with their developer after one week. If you pass it, you will get an onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Use javascript to write a function to change background color of a paragraph in 3 different colors back and forth.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo in November 2016.

Interview

I gave my resume to recruiter in career fair. After two weeks, I had two phone interviews with two senior engineers from Yahoo and then got an internship offer. The coding problems is about implementing LRU, atoi and so on. And They also asked me some common knowledge about C++ and computer system.

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (Sunnyvale, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone Screen (1 Hour)
    Onsite Interview (3 Hours)
    All Interviews were entirely technical in nature
    They got back to me 2.5 weeks after the phone screen.
    They got back to me with the offer after 2-3 weeks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Yahoo (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I was invited to Yahoo NYC Open House through my university. I pitched to several teams at the event. Most teams simply asked a bit about experience, one asked simple Java trivia when I mentioned Java was my primary language. Got an onsite interview call on the very next day. Two back-to-back one on ones heavy on design.

Interview Questions

• Core java, concurrency, map reduce, algorithmic (LCS variant), design concurrent load balancer, design LFU cache   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Yahoo (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I was contacted via 3rd party job board site. Had a brief phone call, with details about the job. During that phone call, I was told to wait for instructions on the next steps. A few days later, I asked to come in to interview. Everyone was very kind and friendly. The office is beautiful.