Yahoo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 21, 2017
1,009 Interview Reviews

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Yahoo (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

3 tech interviews and 1 launch meeting with manager. Each tech interview with 45 mins, and the manager will bring you to the restaurant and asked several problem, including one tech problem with oral answer and talking about your background. Don't talk too much, just focus on answering his questions.

Interview Questions

• validate bst / ood design / implement queue with linkedlist /   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Application

Interview

I then had a phone interview with someone currently in the RH role, and an onsite with several interviews with current team members. They were all well-prepared, and had taken the time to review my resume and experience before talking to me.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Yahoo (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

After passing Codepad coding screen I was invited to onsite 5 hours interview. Unfortunately, 1 hour coding on white-board was scheduled as last. Until that one, I think I was doing ok.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Yahoo in March 2017.

Interview

The whole process is pleasant and the interviewer is trying to be helpful. It covers different aspects from design to programming to security. programming including javascript, sql, bash script.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Yahoo (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

They were doing on campus recruitment this March. I came to talk to one of the stuff with my resume. We scheduled a technical interview. In the interview, they asked two coding problems and we discussed optimizations.

Interview Questions

• Solve a maze   1 Answer
    • Find all the occurrences of a small matrix in a large matrix.   1 Answer

CRM Operations and Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

Interview

2 phone interview with the director and senior director of the team, basic questions on your resume, Mostly experience and project related questions

tell me something about yourself, questions related to analytics

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Yahoo in March 2017.

Interview

applied on college job portal in February 2017, and they contact me more then one month later. Scheduled an interview one week later. it was a 45min phone screen interview, the interviewer called on time, giving 2 coding test and then one system-like question. Coding test is some binary tree traverse and follow up.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Yahoo (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

First of all, explain one of my projects to the interviewer. After that I was asked about some computer Science basic knowledge. And it ends with two sections of coding

Interview Questions

• knowledge: difference between Thread and Process, between ArrayList and LinkedList; Web attacks;
      code: an array with only 0s and 1s, put 0s on the left, 1s on the right;
                an array with 0s, 1s, and 2s, put 0s on left, 1s on middle, and 2s on right   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview

Applied through email and just did one round of phone interview, it is easy, asking many basic and some open end questions about SQL, C/C++/Java and focusing on basic usage and OOP concept with some hard bonus questions. Coding questions are also easy, just string manipulations. Got on-site invite several days later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yahoo (San Jose, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interviewer asked me to solve a mini project consisted of 3 sub-problems in about 50 min. I was allowed to google or check language reference online (I used Java), as long as I don't resort to another person for help. The project is about String processing.

Interview Questions

• Generate a random String which can be separated into several "words" by spaces. Split the string to a list of words and print out the longest word with unique characters.   1 Answer