Yahoo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Yahoo Interview Questions

Updated Feb 17, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Yahoo (Sunnyvale, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interviewer firstly introduce himself and his team. Then he gave me two coding challenges. First is reverse string and second is reverse words in string. Finally we talked about DS and MapReduce. He show me a situation which I need to use mapreduce to handle.Overall is good.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo in October 2016.

Interview

Recruiter was ridiculously slow and / or unresponsive. I sent 3+ emails asking for my first interviewer's email so I could personally thank them, or for her to pass forward my thanks. Not a single time did she respond to any of my emails or confirm - the only times she ever replied to me was because I was direct replying to one of her emails, and even then she'd respond 3 days (minimum!) to a week later. On a Monday I asked to switch the 2nd round phone interview from that week Friday to next week's Thursday. She responded that same Friday an hour before the interview, and the interviewer called anyway because my recruiter clearly didn't contact them. Extremely unprofessional. I declined to continue with the interview process after that because communication was so lacking and frustrating.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (Sunnyvale, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Talked to an engineer at my school's career fair, got an on campus interview from them.
    The on campus interview was 2 rounds with pure technical questions (2-3 each round).
    Moved forward to onsite interview at Sunnyvale, CA. They gave us a tour at the Yahoo campus before the interview started. There were a total of 3 rounds. Mixed resume questions and technical questions. The questions are of medium difficulty.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Yahoo (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I got the first interview by career fair in school, so it was an on campus interview just 2 days later. In the career fair, after i talked to the recruiter, the recruiter asked me to make an appointment with another staff. After I interviewed, I was rejected 2 days later. Everything went really quickly, and the recruiter said if I passed the interview I would have another one phone interview next week.

Interview Questions

• First asked some questions on my resume, and ask me if I have wrote some projects on Java. And then asked me to write codes on the white board. The coding problems are reversing string and finding duplicated string in a list (using different methods).   1 Answer

Experience Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo in October 2016.

Interview

I applied via LinkedIn. Got a call a week later for a phone interview. After their consideration, I was assigned to a four-hour design challenge/test. Waited a few days after submitting the task until I was invited for a campus visit and in-person interview. Got the offer the next day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (Champaign, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Talked to a Yahoo Champaign representative at a career fair. Had two phone interviews with members of the team I was applying to which was a web focused team. Was asked a lot of specific HTML/CSS, javascript, web questions. The interview was pretty specific to the actual team/tools that you would be working with during the internship.

Interview Questions

• Given an array of 99 numbers from 1 to 100, find the number that is missing.   1 Answer

Software Engineer DevOps Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yahoo (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I attended only one round as I was not selected in that.
    It was more like a networking type devops, he asked me questions about networking very basic, few CI/CD, few version control, few config management related.

few unix

If you have good knowledge you can crack it mostly basics

it was a 30 minutes interview

Interview Questions

• 1)how did you use tcp dump
      2)how do you do merging with jenkins and git
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Two 1- hour phone interviews. Kind interviewers. They really tried to help you when you got stuck. But they did not give you any notification if you failed the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Yahoo (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through career fair and got a phone screen after about two weeks. They asked some basic computer science knowledge such as hash functions and OO concepts, and some coding problems related with binary search.

Senior Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a long, whole-day interview. I was expecting to give a talk about some topic that is related to my research. Before and after I met 6-7 research scientists or programmers who were asking various questions related to ML topics. The interviewers were really friendly and helpful. I got free food, coffee and cakes.

Interview Questions

• online learning, large-scale learning, coding in java, ML solutions mainly related to some information retrieval   1 Answer