Yahoo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 21, 2017
1,009 Interview Reviews

Junior Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yahoo (San Jose, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

applied online and scheduled a call with manager and i was interviewed for 25 min through their video conference tool and I though everything went well but i was not selected

Security Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Yahoo (San Jose, CA).

Interview

There are two telephonic Interviews. In the first interview, I was asked IP table related coding questions. In the second telephonic interview, I was asked a binary search tree related problem.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Yahoo (Portland, OR).

Interview

I had a brief phone interview followed by an in-person committee interview for an immediate hire. I thought it went well, did not hear from then until one year later when they offered me the job. I never received any contact or had any responses from my follow-up emails.

Negotiation

Wasn't interested since the offer was 1 year after the interview.

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Applied online. Screening Interview and then two phone interviews with engineers at Yahoo. Mostly Java based object-oriented programming. Some theoretical concepts about Java garbage collection. Simple sort and search algorithms.

Anonymous Employee in La Jolla, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (La Jolla, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I talked to a software engineer at a career fair. The recruiter liked me and scheduled a technical interview 3 days later. The interview was technical phone one, where he asked me questions about basic data structure/algorithms (problem solving). The interviewer was very helpful in giving me hints. It took a while for them to get back to me though.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yahoo (New York, NY).

Interview

My interview process was stepped up due to timing issues. I interviewed with the full team and HR in the same day. Lots of smart, nice people here at Yahoo in Sunnyvale.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yahoo (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

Two technical rounds. 45 min each. Had to code and the interviewer dry ran the code every time and was looking for edge cases where it could fail. Haven't heard from them yet.

Interview Questions

• You enter a numbered door (say 1), and this door leads you to a room which is again filled with doors ( say 2,3). These doors lead you to more rooms and so on. Given a room you're in, and the list of doors in that room, you have to find the path to a target door.   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo in January 2017.

Interview

Had two phone interviews, both technical. The first guy was very cool and was very impressed by my performance on the first question which took relatively longer time (~45 mins). He just asked second question which he was not expecting me to complete, but just asked my approach to solve it, he even provided some hints. I gave detail algorithmic approach to solve the problem and he was very impressed with that. Then the second phone interview was a mess up. There was a guy who just asked a question (not good english) and after my attempt to analyze and solve it, asked me to stop because the interview was only 30 mins. He didn't say about that in the beginning of the interview. He gave me 5 more minutes to solve it, I tried my best and had algorithmically correct code. He just told me to contact the HR tomorrow which means he had bad scoring for me. I didn't contact the HR neither I heard from them.

Interview Questions

• Pretty much same questions as we can find in glassdoor.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yahoo (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

After the career fair I got an on-campus interview, two turns of 40-min each. Two interviewers asked me questions about web development knowledge, how well you know TCP/IP protocols and other questions. Then you do whiteboard programming tasks. Tasks are very simple. But I am not very familiar with networking protocols.

Interview Questions

• What happen when you navigate to an webpage? What is cookies? Parse a string with spaces. Find a path in a directed graph.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (Sunnyvale, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

4 rounds for the onsite interview. 3 rounds of coding + 1 round of lunch. Most coding problems are easy to medium on OJ, except one graph problem, which is supposed to be hard (which is hard to describe without graph).