Yahoo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Yahoo Interview Questions

Updated Feb 22, 2017

Technical Yahoo - Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yahoo in September 2016.

Interview

Initial phone call screening by hiring the manager, a couple of technical questions (networking and generic) and a couple of coding questions (which were trivial if you have done leetcode/ctci).
    Later was called to the onsite interview. Had like 4 rounds of interview all technical and involved whiteboard coding (has to be best run time) . At last had system design question round (which surprised my frankly). At end of the round, the interviewer was too rude to me and said it on my face that they are not happy with my performance.

Interview Questions

• Leetcode coding questions, brain teasers and system design questions(data center related).   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (San Jose, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Interviewed onsite at Head Quarters. Interview was difficult and I was primarily was being interviewed for immediate Front End and gradually to be converted Full Stack role. My Back End related rounds went really well but Front End was not good as I am a professional Backend Developer.

Interview Questions

• Decimal to Binary Conversion, Math, Data Structures, UI and Front End   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

I had two rounds of telephonic interviews. In both the situations the interviewers were friendly. I liked yahoo's interview process to collaborate with the interviewee. In the first interview I was asked to write an algorithm followed by to write the program in actual python syntax.

Interview Questions

• Algorithms. Asked me to write an algorithm of a program.   1 Answer

NOC Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview

Interview duration was only for about 15 minutes. questions were about linux commands and few basic networking. like about TFTP servers, difference between switch and router, any knowledge on BGP. Was even asked if I had any python experience. Job role was mostly on Linux commands and full knowledge about it.

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yahoo (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Initial telephone round . Recruiter emailed, set up a time and totally forgot to call me. Later he emailed apologizing and scheduled a call next day and we spoke about two positions and I asked him to email me the job description, he forgot about that. Phone screen went well but never heard back from them. Terrible Recruiting skills, may be time to hire new one?

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Yahoo in August 2016.

Interview

One phone round of technical questions for 30 min. Followed by in-person interview for 4 hrs.
    3 Technical rounds of 1 hr and then followed by lunch and then 1 behavioral /HR round. It was very professional and followed back on interview feedback quickly.

Interview Questions

• what are three difficult problems that you faced earlier at work place and how did you tackle them?   1 Answer

Platform Operations Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Yahoo (Sunnyvale, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I was contacted on Linkedin by the hiring manager. She scheduled a 30 min phone interview that she rescheduled and then was late to. She had clearly not reviewed my resume. For the most part she talked about herself and her past job and some of the politics around the CEO and the acquisition and how she was allowed to work remotely but most people aren't and how most people on the team had worked together at the same company previously. It was all a little weird.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about you and why do you want to work at Yahoo   Answer Question

Front End Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Yahoo (Sunnyvale, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

One technical phone screen followed by onsite with 4 rounds. Not everyone in the interview panel were nice. One person seemed indifferent to what you say (he kept working on his laptop), and the other person rude and difficult to talk to. Overall an OK experience.

Interview Questions

• 1) Find the longest string in an array of heterogenous elements. What if the array has sub-arrays?
      2) Basics about XSS attack, Performance, CORS
      3) Design a color-picker. Input - red, green, blue values (0-255), Output - color
      4) Tab design. How would you design it without JS, what changes would you make to the structure?
      5) Anagrams and sorting Algo.
      6) aBsrTdA -- input, ABT -- output. Return string (sorted) constructed from uppercase letters.
      7) How do you find if one array is rotated version of another array.
      Answer Question

Operations Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Yahoo (Buffalo, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Simple interview process. HR set up a phone interview. The interviewer was pretty friendly. Started off with the introductions and explained the company and the role i was interviewing for. We spoke about my background, then proceeded with the actual interview. A few basic Networking and Linux questions, Couple of C questions and one python question. The interviewer said they would get back in a week.

Interview Questions

• Basic Networking - TCP/IP, UDP, BGP, Switch/Router, OSPF
      Basic Linux - File structure, Troubleshooting scenarios
      Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yahoo in July 2016.

Interview

I applied through online.First Round was telephonic and was asked some pig concepts and mapreduce. Gave one problem asked me to write the code.It went good.Checking the basic knowledge on subject.Overall it went well.