Yahoo Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

Yahoo Interview Questions in London, England

Updated Feb 1, 2017

Digital Marketing Optimization Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yahoo (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

Very typical assessment day. Nice chilled out interview later on in the afternoon. on a less positive note the HR people did not read my CV properly and offered me the job not knowing my availability and then did not offer me the job.

Interview Questions

• If you ha to explain what Yahoo does to someone really senior and knew nothing about the industry what would you say?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview was not so hard, many basic questions, I wasn't impressed much by the knowledge of the interviewer and experience however the HR and the whole process was very professional and gave me a great feeling about working for Google.

Interview Questions

• What in my experience fit for the role? how will I handle X and Z? what systems did I use at my previous roles   Answer Question

Front End Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (London, England (UK)) in September 2014.

Interview

Was contacted via LinkedIn by an in house recruiter. Only had the initial phone interview currently and waiting to hear about any possible next stages. Was asked 20 questions about varied subjects ranging from what various acronyms stood for such as HTTP to when is it appropriate to use a button vs an anchor link. Was asked some more maths type questions with a particular focus on probability. These were considerably more difficult

Interview Questions

• You have a bag containing an unlimited amount of tennis balls and five boxes which you are trying to throw then into. For every throw you are guaranteed to get a ball in one box. What is the minimum probability of getting 11 balls in any one box.   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yahoo (London, England (UK)) in March 2014.

Interview

There are three parts. 1. Write code based on a design (actually more like complete the code) 2. Take a test with SQL, Math and Programming questions 3. Discuss your code written at 1 with a Senior Programmer and the Hiring Manager.

Even though I had to travel by bus for two hours, there was no reimbursement.

They seemed utterly confused and disorganised as I was trying to reach the recruiter for 10 days. They certainly do not justify their name and I won't apply there again.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, just a difficulty to stay on the same track with the interviewers as they were asking for something different than what was written at the coding description. They probably need to rewrite that description.   Answer Question

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yahoo (London, England (UK)) in September 2013.

Interview

Just got an email from an HR representative to schedule a phone interview. The phone call took 40 mins and I was asked general questions about my current role and experience, as well as math and questions related to the advertising industry. Some of the questions are a bit naive...

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Yahoo (London, England (UK)) in July 2013.

Interview

They asked a lot about combinatorics and statistics, then had to do some programming on some old laptop and they just disapeared so couldn't ask any questions.
    With limited time I did functional code.
    Once they came back they asked questions about boxing and unboxing, which I couldn't answer due to the English language, though I know what it means in the code. After few questions the manager said "We will stop this interview no, since you are not able to program". Which was a slap on the face. Not even startups do that, but so matured company managed to insult a software developer with 10 years experience. Maybe I am not suited for the job, but you can tell that through recruiter.
    Anyway recruiter called to give feedback and I said can I say something, then she started screaming at me threatening "Be very careful what you say, as you will be denied from future applications". Anyway I gave up. It was just a waste of time. So unprofessional.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Had a brief phone interview with recruiter, scheduled face-to-face interview with hiring manager and one director.
    Asked standard interview questions and discussed the industry a bit, interview went really well and invited for second stage interviews with a director and another manager. Again went really well.
    Got positive feedback from all, and was told they will be preparing an offer.
    I was then, to my astonishment, told that the position has been cancelled due to headcount review.

Advertising Operations (Junior) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yahoo (London, England (UK)) in December 2011.

Interview

Phone interview, interview with associates and final interview with senior team members.
    Very nice ad team in London, however the HR department is just badly organised.

Interview Questions

• Many situation based questions i.e. tell me a situation where you made a wrong decision, the right decision.   Answer Question

Custom Brand Experiences Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (London, England (UK)) in March 2011.

Interview

I got a fast response from Yahoo after I applied for this position. They called me on Friday to arrange a telephone interview on Monday. I checked the interviewer's LinkIn profile and found out she was an inter HR that made me a bit concerned. The interview took place and the interviewer was nice, the questions were simple and standard. However I found it difficult to catch her English because she was clearly not British. I became a bit nervous after asking her to repeat her questions a few times. Also I can feel that she was getting frustrated. The interview did not go very smooth towards the end.