Yahoo Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 4, 2017

3.2

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Had a brief phone interview with recruiter, scheduled face-to-face interview with hiring manager and one director.
    Asked standard interview questions and discussed the industry a bit, interview went really well and invited for second stage interviews with a director and another manager. Again went really well.
    Got positive feedback from all, and was told they will be preparing an offer.
    I was then, to my astonishment, told that the position has been cancelled due to headcount review.

Custom Brand Experiences Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (London, England (UK)) in March 2011.

Interview

I got a fast response from Yahoo after I applied for this position. They called me on Friday to arrange a telephone interview on Monday. I checked the interviewer's LinkIn profile and found out she was an inter HR that made me a bit concerned. The interview took place and the interviewer was nice, the questions were simple and standard. However I found it difficult to catch her English because she was clearly not British. I became a bit nervous after asking her to repeat her questions a few times. Also I can feel that she was getting frustrated. The interview did not go very smooth towards the end.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Yahoo (London, England (UK)) in September 2010.

Interview

First stage was HR interview over the phone going over your CV and soft skills.
    Second stage was Phone interview with the hiring manager talking about past experiance and relevant skills for thefuture position.
    Third stage was 1:1 interview with hiring manager, 2 team members and operations director. each interview was face to face and lasted 45 minutes. all on the same day so total of about 2-3 hours.

People were very nice and friendly. it was more of a conversation about past experiance and project management skills. some technical questions but not very difficult.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with difficult team member?   1 Answer

Advertising Operations (Junior) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yahoo (London, England (UK)) in December 2011.

Interview

Phone interview, interview with associates and final interview with senior team members.
    Very nice ad team in London, however the HR department is just badly organised.

Interview Questions

• Many situation based questions i.e. tell me a situation where you made a wrong decision, the right decision.   Answer Question

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yahoo (London, England (UK)) in September 2013.

Interview

Just got an email from an HR representative to schedule a phone interview. The phone call took 40 mins and I was asked general questions about my current role and experience, as well as math and questions related to the advertising industry. Some of the questions are a bit naive...

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yahoo (London, England (UK)) in March 2014.

Interview

There are three parts. 1. Write code based on a design (actually more like complete the code) 2. Take a test with SQL, Math and Programming questions 3. Discuss your code written at 1 with a Senior Programmer and the Hiring Manager.

Even though I had to travel by bus for two hours, there was no reimbursement.

They seemed utterly confused and disorganised as I was trying to reach the recruiter for 10 days. They certainly do not justify their name and I won't apply there again.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, just a difficulty to stay on the same track with the interviewers as they were asking for something different than what was written at the coding description. They probably need to rewrite that description.   Answer Question

Front End Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (London, England (UK)) in September 2014.

Interview

Was contacted via LinkedIn by an in house recruiter. Only had the initial phone interview currently and waiting to hear about any possible next stages. Was asked 20 questions about varied subjects ranging from what various acronyms stood for such as HTTP to when is it appropriate to use a button vs an anchor link. Was asked some more maths type questions with a particular focus on probability. These were considerably more difficult

Interview Questions

• You have a bag containing an unlimited amount of tennis balls and five boxes which you are trying to throw then into. For every throw you are guaranteed to get a ball in one box. What is the minimum probability of getting 11 balls in any one box.   2 Answers

Technical Yahoo - Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Yahoo (London, England (UK)) in September 2014.

Interview

There was an initial phone interview, with some basic tech questions.

The on-site interview was the interesting part. There was a fair bit of variety to the questions and the problems that were being asked, which seemed like it would select for well-rounded candidates, than specialists.

The on-site interview has four parts: An old school pen and paper test which about 15 questions, of which only 12 needs to be answered (or in the general ball park of these numbers). The list of questions ranged from: probability, high school geometry, unix specific commands etc. The second part is an open ended coding exercise where I was asked to implement a word count program in the map-reduce style. This is easier than it sounds, and no prior Hadoop knowledge is required. The third part had a couple of puzzles, which is not my favorite part :) The fourth part is: a system architecture is described to the candidate on a white board. The candidate can ask questions etc., and after a few minutes of this, the white board is erased, and the candidate has to now explain this back to the interviewers, on the white board.

Interview Questions

• Given 25 horses, how can you find the top 3, with minimal number of races? Don't worry about the ordering within those 3.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I has it with the Team Manager and his manager, it was a VP, it was pretty chilled and nice. it was all in all around 2 hours, had an interview with a sales person as well, to bring a bit of different perspective. they were all very nice and in a good mood.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work for Yahoo, which are Yahoos most important products, how do you think they can improve ?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Yahoo (London, England (UK)) in February 2013.

Interview

1 quick call with an internal recruiter
    1 face to face interviews with a manager + a senior EA + the project manager