Yahoo Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

3.2

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Data Analytics Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (London, England (UK)) in January 2013.

Interview

There will be at least 3-4 stages
    Interview with HR
    Interview with your future colleagues or people you would work with
    Interview with management

HR normally test your interests, your salary expectations, and when you could join

Interview Questions

• - Lots of questions about yahoo products
      - What is happening in the digital space
      - What is RTB, how it works, how would you improve it
      - Why yahoo   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Yahoo (London, England (UK)) in July 2013.

Interview

They asked a lot about combinatorics and statistics, then had to do some programming on some old laptop and they just disapeared so couldn't ask any questions.
    With limited time I did functional code.
    Once they came back they asked questions about boxing and unboxing, which I couldn't answer due to the English language, though I know what it means in the code. After few questions the manager said "We will stop this interview no, since you are not able to program". Which was a slap on the face. Not even startups do that, but so matured company managed to insult a software developer with 10 years experience. Maybe I am not suited for the job, but you can tell that through recruiter.
    Anyway recruiter called to give feedback and I said can I say something, then she started screaming at me threatening "Be very careful what you say, as you will be denied from future applications". Anyway I gave up. It was just a waste of time. So unprofessional.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Yahoo (London, England (UK)) in September 2014.

Interview

I initially had 2 HR phone interviews, the first very general, the second more focused on my experience and ability to fit in the team. Then I had 2 face to face technical interviews testing my databases, analytical and logical skills

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very long and confusing, been contacted by several different HR people and started the conversation from scratch all the time

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Yahoo (London, England (UK)) in February 2012.

Interview

not bad but could do with improvement, just basic questions plus a test. 3rd interview stage is a presentation on yahoo products. they take ages to get back to you after each stage as hr are very unorganised. 1st interview telephone interview, second face to face and 3rd presentation, managers lie in interview and don't bother to ask you many questions, its more about them and their self importance. overall not a good experience and many colleagues would agree, pointless questions for a pointless company

Digital Marketing Optimization Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yahoo (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

Very typical assessment day. Nice chilled out interview later on in the afternoon. on a less positive note the HR people did not read my CV properly and offered me the job not knowing my availability and then did not offer me the job.

Interview Questions

• If you ha to explain what Yahoo does to someone really senior and knew nothing about the industry what would you say?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview was not so hard, many basic questions, I wasn't impressed much by the knowledge of the interviewer and experience however the HR and the whole process was very professional and gave me a great feeling about working for Google.

Interview Questions

• What in my experience fit for the role? how will I handle X and Z? what systems did I use at my previous roles   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Yahoo (London, England (UK)) in February 2013.

Interview

1 quick call with an internal recruiter
    1 face to face interviews with a manager + a senior EA + the project manager
    1 face to face with the recruitement manager

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I has it with the Team Manager and his manager, it was a VP, it was pretty chilled and nice. it was all in all around 2 hours, had an interview with a sales person as well, to bring a bit of different perspective. they were all very nice and in a good mood.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work for Yahoo, which are Yahoos most important products, how do you think they can improve ?   Answer Question

Product and Strategy Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (London, England (UK)) in February 2011.

Interview

Went through 4/5 people interview process in a number of different occasions. Very welcoming, professional and friendly. Great people and sense of belonging. They check if you fit the culture, and how you think and are likely to behave in different situations.

Interview Questions

• - Why Yahoo?
      - Why are you leaving?
      - Your weaknesses?   1 Answer

Technical Yahoo - Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Yahoo (London, England (UK)) in September 2014.

Interview

There was an initial phone interview, with some basic tech questions.

The on-site interview was the interesting part. There was a fair bit of variety to the questions and the problems that were being asked, which seemed like it would select for well-rounded candidates, than specialists.

The on-site interview has four parts: An old school pen and paper test which about 15 questions, of which only 12 needs to be answered (or in the general ball park of these numbers). The list of questions ranged from: probability, high school geometry, unix specific commands etc. The second part is an open ended coding exercise where I was asked to implement a word count program in the map-reduce style. This is easier than it sounds, and no prior Hadoop knowledge is required. The third part had a couple of puzzles, which is not my favorite part :) The fourth part is: a system architecture is described to the candidate on a white board. The candidate can ask questions etc., and after a few minutes of this, the white board is erased, and the candidate has to now explain this back to the interviewers, on the white board.

Interview Questions

• Given 25 horses, how can you find the top 3, with minimal number of races? Don't worry about the ordering within those 3.   Answer Question