Yahoo Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

2.9

36 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Production Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yahoo (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interviewer will introduce the position structure of Yahoo. Then he will ask you some technical problems about the backend area. There is no coding in my interview. But the interviewer ask many problem solving questions. The importance of the interview is knowledge of server and linux command. Also he will ask some questions about the network.

Interview Questions

• If there is a long latency for a java application in server, what's wrong?   Answer Question

Front End Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Yahoo (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I got referred by my instructor, who worked with Flickr for 3 years, so I got interviewed 3 times in a period of 3 months. The first two were within the first three weeks, and the last one was later. The first interview was a coding challenge, which I aced, the second one was with the head manager, talking about random things, and lastly was another coding challenge, which was difficult because I didn't experience something like it before. I didn't receive a response yet, as I just finished from my third interview, however, I believe I didn't do well it up.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Yahoo (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied through career fair. Received an invite to schedule first interview call after two months. Interview process was good, interviewers were helpful and were very clear in articulating the question. Got through first round and got another invite for second round of telephonic + screen interview, this time interviewer was very senior and asked couple of questions about Android development as well.

Network Operation Center Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Yahoo (Burbank, CA).

Interview

Interview was straightforward. Technical and personal (What you like to do on your off time). Met with a lead Engineer then other Analyst (5). Met with the Manger and that was all she wrote.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Yahoo (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Met representatives from Yahoo at the university fair. Discussed possibilities regarding a summer internship. The HR was very friendly and scheduled an interview the following day as per my preferred time slots. The interviewer was pretty chilled out as well. A brief discussion of my profile and experiences, followed by a simple program to reverse a given string.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Yahoo (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

They gave me an on campus interview one day after I submitted my resume in a career fair. Everything went OK IMO but they turned me down two days later. Not sure what happened.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Yahoo (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I got the first interview by career fair in school, so it was an on campus interview just 2 days later. In the career fair, after i talked to the recruiter, the recruiter asked me to make an appointment with another staff. After I interviewed, I was rejected 2 days later. Everything went really quickly, and the recruiter said if I passed the interview I would have another one phone interview next week.

Interview Questions

• First asked some questions on my resume, and ask me if I have wrote some projects on Java. And then asked me to write codes on the white board. The coding problems are reversing string and finding duplicated string in a list (using different methods).   1 Answer

Senior Marketing Manager, Demand Generation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Playa Vista, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (Playa Vista, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

My first phone interview went well and I was informed I would be contacted to come into the offices to meet with the team. It took nearly 1 week to receive this email - that was addressed to another candidate on a date I supposedly confirmed. I informed the team and received a new date. I went in house and meet with a large group of people - which I needed to request as I was not provided who I would be interviewing with to prep. Once there, the process was long and I was left alone in a small office; many of my interviews were conducted via Google Chat that ended early. It felt very awkward.

Interview Questions

• I thought the questions were more inline with what their processes are and seeing how a candidate would be able to fit into this mold. I didn't feel that I was being asked questions about my strengths or past experiences. I also didn't feel they were looking for new solutions but more of whether or not you could quickly adapt to what they needed. Lastly, I received a lot of questions of "why now" when looking to be employed at Yahoo. It made me feel like I should be questioning my consideration for this role. They appeared hugely skeptical in regards to what the new year would hold for them. And then,...NOTHING. Compete radio silence - not even a thank you for coming we're not interested.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

The first interview was phone screening interview. I introduce myself about my study and related projects also previous work experiences. And the next interview was technical interview 45 minutes. I expected some coding test, but there was no actual coding test. The interviewee asked me about the basic concept of android system and related concepts.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult part of your previous project? What is GC?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

They sent me an email saying they were interested, then a coding session on collabedit. Got through the first round, but bombed the second round. The second interviewer had a thick Indian accent and didn't really try to help me, was very silent and seemed disinterested, I think because my approach to the problem was wrong. That was my only qualm, but theyre not inclined to help you if they don't want to be honest which is why I am still rating positive even though I feel bad.

Interview Questions

• Find median in a data stream. Can you find it in a min max heap? (Half pseudo code, half real code)
      Given a line, print pascals triangle   1 Answer