Yahoo Marketing Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Yahoo Marketing Manager Interview Questions

2.6

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Yahoo (Sunnyvale, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Longer process than I would have hoped but very friendly and exceptionally transparent. Got a first screening phone call with the recruiter because I was referred internally by a school alumn. Then phone interview with the hiring manager, then 4-5 in person interviews, then another couple of follow up phone calls. All interviews were very pleasant conversations about my experience, skills and thoughts about the role/team.
Anytime I asked interviewers or the recruiter for feedback/update, I received very candid and timely responses, which I must is very rare especially from big tech companies, they usually say the bare minimum, but Yahoo! far exceeded my expectations in terms of transparency.
Only negative is the very long wait times between each steps, 2-3 weeks between each step. But again they very openly told me that I was the first person going through each step of the process and that they needed to interview other candidates before deciding on who will go to the next step.

Interview Questions

• No trick question really, it really is a two way conversation   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Yahoo

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview

Yahoo! flew me up and scheduled short interviews with key stakeholders. It was more informal than I would've expected, with generic interview questions. The people, however, are really welcoming, friendly and excited about the next chapter with new CEO Marissa Mayers.

Interview Questions

• You seem more experienced. Will you be challenged here?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yahoo (New York, NY) in January 2008.

Interview

I was contacted by the hiring manager and she set up a phone interview with. I was then called to come in and meet 1:1 (actually 2:1). I arrived a few minutes early (not more than 5). I was taken to an empty conference room and interviewed for about 30 minutes by two managers from the Marketing dept. I thought the interview went remarkably well. I was asked typical interview questions; no curveballs here. There were no awkward moments, and I thought I came off as quite charming, without being creepy. Anyway, I was told I'd be contacted within a week. I wrote thank-you letters to both interviewers and mailed them out right away. No response within a week. I called and left a VM for the interviewer; no response for two weeks. I call again, leave another VM. No response for a few days then I get a call back saying I will not be offered the position. Interview process was alright, communication bad.

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yahoo (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2007.

Interview

Very clear from beginning to end. You interview with a ridiculous number of people but it's all pretty laid back and they are mostly looking for fit. They don't ask a lot of "casing" or "scenario based" questions. Instead it's a bit more like a conversation than a high stress interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes, if you keep your requests to a reasonable level they will work with you.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I has it with the Team Manager and his manager, it was a VP, it was pretty chilled and nice. it was all in all around 2 hours, had an interview with a sales person as well, to bring a bit of different perspective. they were all very nice and in a good mood.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work for Yahoo, which are Yahoos most important products, how do you think they can improve ?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (Madrid (Spain)) in June 2013.

Interview

I have been contacted by the recruiter without job application. Whole process lasted 2 weeks. Interview is pretty easy, they ask general questions about your CV and about the job. The HR department is slow and will not give any feedback for a long period of time (I have waited 3 weeks and did not received any reply from them, even though I have wrote them multiple times).