Yahoo Interview Questions in New York, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 13, 2017

52 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Emerging Talent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yahoo (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Talked to two engineer at Oath, downtown NYC. The engineers are friendly. Interview started with some basic concept about Java and was followed by algorithm questions with medium difficulty.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Yahoo (New York, NY).

Interview

1 phone tech screen + 4 rounds on site
    The interview questions are quite typical. You may expect to code on a laptop.
    Based on what I observed, the environment and culture was good(easy, work & life balanced).
     It was not my first time having interview at Yahoo. I would say their HR/recruiters and their management were terrible. They were chewing while talking to you over phone. They could mess up the schedule, forget to follow up, etc. Last thing, you were rejected if they hadn't given you the feedback in 2 days.

Interview Questions

• 3 hour solving problem by coding on computer + 3 rounds of typical white board
      Its difficulty is median.   Answer Question

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yahoo (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

it was too easy as a normal interview ,easy ,fast , clear questions i mean not complicated , its helpful for anyone to have chance to work ,i like that kind of interviews it's like a game for me

Interview Questions

• they asked me about my gender   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Yahoo (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview was one on one in the Yahoo office in New York. The interviewer was very chill and asked one coding question and some questions about streaming data. The interview went on for 45 mins.

Interview Questions

• Find all combinations of numbers in a given array that add up to a given number.   1 Answer

Roll Off Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Not good not bad but not perfect. Overall mediocre, not too average but also not extremely good or bad. Yes yes and no but I wanted to go. Beep bop bop.

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Applied online. Screening Interview and then two phone interviews with engineers at Yahoo. Mostly Java based object-oriented programming. Some theoretical concepts about Java garbage collection. Simple sort and search algorithms.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yahoo (New York, NY).

Interview

My interview process was stepped up due to timing issues. I interviewed with the full team and HR in the same day. Lots of smart, nice people here at Yahoo in Sunnyvale.

Social Media Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

A couple of weeks after I applied online, Yahoo HR reached out for a phone screening interview and then scheduled me to take a "test" the following week. They said they would be there if I had any questions throughout the process. I took the "test" at their office with five others. I reached out to HR a few days later and they said they were meeting with the hiring managers and would have an update for me the following week. I never heard back from them.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to pitch 2 new article ideas and write 1 ready to be published within 1 and 1/2 hours.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Yahoo (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I was invited to Yahoo NYC Open House through my university. I pitched to several teams at the event. Most teams simply asked a bit about experience, one asked simple Java trivia when I mentioned Java was my primary language. Got an onsite interview call on the very next day. Two back-to-back one on ones heavy on design.

Interview Questions

• Core java, concurrency, map reduce, algorithmic (LCS variant), design concurrent load balancer, design LFU cache   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Yahoo (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I was contacted via 3rd party job board site. Had a brief phone call, with details about the job. During that phone call, I was told to wait for instructions on the next steps. A few days later, I asked to come in to interview. Everyone was very kind and friendly. The office is beautiful.