Yahoo Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Yahoo Product Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Yahoo

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview

Given size of company decision process was very streamlined. They were very accomodating about interview schedule. Late in day so i didn't have to take time off work. Interviewers were from multiple locations but they had phone set ups all ready to go.

Interview Questions

• Internet app i used the most.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Yahoo

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yahoo (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

This is for an internal transfer, thus the process has been greatly simplified. Individually talked to 4 senior product managers from different teams. Was assessed based on my technical background, project management skills, communication and interpersonal skills, the ability to prioritize and manage schedule, and intuition to market offering and product features.

Interview Questions

• How will Google self-drive car change the public transit system if they are made available for general audience.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Interview

It can vary and has changed a lot even since I joined. There is a hiring committee that reviews all applicants now, and the process can differ across different business lines.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

My offer was as-is.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (Sunnyvale, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

Interview process consisted of a phone interview with the hiring manager and on-site interviews with 6 people - recruiter, hiring manager, 2 PMs in the group, VP of the group, and another VP. Everybody I spoke with were friendly and professional. Interview questions focused primarily on new ideas for the product, but also included why I want to work for Yahoo and the specific group, my projects at previous jobs, ideas for other Yahoo products, and behavioral questions. I recommend doing sufficient research into the specific group and other Yahoo products and be prepared to elaborate on your product ideas.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (Sunnyvale, CA) in September 2009.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview with the Hiring Manager who was asked questions mostly about why I wanted to work in high tech and why Yahoo! She also grilled me on my experiences with Yahoo! Front Page - the group I was interviewing with - and asked about changes I would make, thoughts on recent developments, etc. On site, I had 4 1:1 interviews: 2 with Product Managers in the same group, 1 with the Hiring Manager, and 1 with a VP of Engineering. The PMs and Hiring Manager focused on my knowledge of Yahoo!, what I liked and didn't like about the new Front Page, what my favorite Yahoo! properties were, what I used most often, why I didn't use Yahoo! mail, etc. The VP of Engineering focused more on why this job, why Yahoo!, why Product Management, etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yahoo (Sunnyvale, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

Interviewed with a half dozen or so Yahoos! Interview styles ranged from friendly and conversational to a more intense and inquisitive style. Some interviewers had stronger and more specific questions than others, but overall it was a sound give and take and I left with a good impression of the team, program, and company.

Interview Questions

• What is the right strategy for Yahoo! to beat Google and Facebook?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

Pros:

Overall experience is good, all interviewers were very smart and asked challenging but interesting questions.

Cons:

After 2 on-site interviews, I got no feedback at all. When I messaged the recruiter he read messages but did not answer, same happened again a week after. Be prepared for totally unprofessional recruiters here.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Yahoo (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I then had a phone interview with someone currently in the RH role, and an onsite with several interviews with current team members. They were all well-prepared, and had taken the time to review my resume and experience before talking to me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2019.

Interview

I got referred to a position by a friend who was working at Yahoo. I had an initial call with the hiring manager (typical Product interview--what's your favorite product and how can you improve it, and with some more questions on prior experimentation experience), and then moved to the next round where they asked me to prepare a presentation recommending new features for Yahoo. There were 5+ people, which I found to be unusual for such an interview (usually I have presented to one PM when I have done similar feature brainstorming exercises to other companies), they were engaged and initial feedback was positive, however, next day the recruiter emailed and told me that I got rejected, with a generic reply that doesn't really give much specifics.

Overall, I didn't have a great experience with the recruiter(A.), she was not very professional given the size of the company, it's a common practice (at companies with good recruiters who respect the interviewee's time and at least understand they are interviewing humans) that you call the interviewee and let them know of some more details of the interview decision because they spend 8+ hours (thinking about the problem, researching competitors, brainstorming solutions, prioritizing, I even prepared mock screens!) on a genuine problem the company is experiencing because they care about the interview.

I understand that, as recruiters, you don't have to give feedback, even if I am referred by your own employee; but you should know that you're the gatekeeper there, and we, as the interviewees, form opinions of that company you're representing, based on the experience we have during the interview process. And it's also a small industry, and our ways might cross somewhere else in future and I will definitely keep in mind to steer away from a company where these unprofessional recruiters I have had experience with before. Also, good luck saving Yahoo (or Verizon Media)!

Interview Questions

• How would you improve Yahoo.com?   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Yahoo in August 2013.

Interview

I learnt about the opening at a tech event. I applied via e-mail. They replied asking about my current job situation. I answered comprehensively and they never got back to me. I tried a follow up e-mail and still nothing. Very rude from them.

Interview Questions

• Are you currently working in several jobs at the same time?   Answer Question