Yahoo Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Yahoo Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated Apr 12, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Yahoo (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

First of all, explain one of my projects to the interviewer. After that I was asked about some computer Science basic knowledge. And it ends with two sections of coding

Interview Questions

• knowledge: difference between Thread and Process, between ArrayList and LinkedList; Web attacks;
      code: an array with only 0s and 1s, put 0s on the left, 1s on the right;
                an array with 0s, 1s, and 2s, put 0s on left, 1s on middle, and 2s on right
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yahoo (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Asked some coding questions. You answer them in whatever language you choose on a text editor. If you get questions right you are given more and asked for runtimes.

Interview Questions

• How can you find the greatest possible product of multiplying three numbers in a list?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I was interviewing with Yahoo San Francisco office from 10:30am - 3:30pm. There were four rounds for onsite interview. One system design, one database design and two algorithm problems. All interviewers are really nice and try to lead the candidate into the right direction. They focus on how you approach the problem and how deep you know about the website architecture through the questions.

Interview Questions

• 1. How to design an Amazon shopping cart that users can access their order cross the device?
      2. Find a target value in a binary tree recursively and iteratively.
      3. Design a Twitter newsfeed and relationship database schema and answer some querys, ex: find the most 10 tweets from close friends.
      4. Two Sum problem.

Software Engineer DevOps Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yahoo (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I attended only one round as I was not selected in that.
    It was more like a networking type devops, he asked me questions about networking very basic, few CI/CD, few version control, few config management related.

few unix

If you have good knowledge you can crack it mostly basics

it was a 30 minutes interview

Interview Questions

• 1)how did you use tcp dump
      2)how do you do merging with jenkins and git

Front End Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yahoo (San Francisco, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter and scheduled an interview. Interview was scheduled for a week later. The day before the interview was scheduled the recruiter contacted me to cancel. No reason was given.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (San Francisco, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process took 3 weeks. The first week I had a phone screen with a non-technical recruiter. The following week I had a technical interview via phone. After the third week, I heard back that the interview went well, but there wasn't a fit for my skill set at the time.

Interview Questions

• Talk about previous projects.
      Algorithm question that didn't involve any complex data structure knowledge.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

First phone interview with HR. Second phone interview with the hiring manager. Then a final in person interview on sight by 5 different people: 2 coworkers, the hiring manager, another manager from a different department, and a director. The interview process is pretty quick, but be prepared to wait 3 full weeks for an offer.

Interview Questions

• How many coffins are in this city?   1 Answer

Technical Yahoo - Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yahoo (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Focussed on achievements I have done in the past. the process was not that well organized. There were two remote interviewers which was difficult for communication. Hard to determine what they are looking for.

Interview Questions

• Hw would you scale a movie listing web service   1 Answer

Recruiter/Sourcer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Yahoo (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Both interviewers were very friendly. I was able to ask straightforward questions. It lasted about 1.5 hours with two people. A Director and a Lead Recruiter. Both had been with Yahoo for several years and shared a lot of insight with me.

Interview Questions

• What was my sourcing process?
      What is my best sourcing method?
      How would I source a Mobile Engineer (Boolean)?
      Where are my sources?
      What was my hardest role to source for?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Yahoo (Berkeley, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied for summer internship at my college career fair. Scheduled an on-site interview the next week. The process was an 1-on-1 interview with a current Yahoo software engineer. Asked about features and specialty of my most comfortable language (which is Java), and then straight onto coding questions.

Interview Questions

• How to convert a binary search tree into an ordered doubly linked list?   1 Answer
    • How to find out the second most frequent integer given an array of integers.   Answer Question