Yahoo Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Yahoo Scientist Interview Questions

3.7

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo in January 2016.

Interview

One of my friends referred me before Christmas. I got two phone interviews in Jan. The whole interview process takes one week. I scheduled the interview time with the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• There are two phone interviews.
    The first interview is technical. Normal coding questions, writing code on a shared doc.
    The second interview is about some concepts of machine learning.
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Yahoo

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (Sunnyvale, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

pretty nice people, asked me related questions to my research and background.

Interview Questions

• gave a talk, asked about probability and machine learning techniques   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Yahoo in June 2008.

Interview

The questions that I got were balanced between pure research (somewhat open-ended) questions, and coding/algorithms questions. This was actually much better than my interview with Google, where I felt like I was in an IQ test rather than an interview, they did not even ask what my phd thesis is about, let alone any research questions.

Interview Questions

• describe support vector machines in a couple sentences   Answer Question
    • I give you two integer arrays X, Y. give me the minimum of x_i - y_j   2 Answers