Yahoo Service Reliability Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 25, 2017

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Service Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (Sunnyvale, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied on linkedin and got a call from recruiter. we had a brief discussion regarding my interests and opportunities in yahoo. He asked for the best time for having an initial round of a tech interview.
On the day of interview, I was interviewed by a manager and his team member. The phone call went for 30 minutes and the interview was some what on basic linux and networking skills.

I cleared the interview and was proceeded to final round which is a hangout interview. This went for 90 minuted and the panel was constituted by 4 members.
After a couple of days i was offered the job

Interview Questions

• troubleshooting, networking, TCP/IP model, Basic Linux skills   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Yahoo

Service Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Contract position. First a written screen which took about two hours to complete, but nothing in it was difficult to research and answer if you didn't already know it.

Interview Questions

• In the second stage a phone interview the following situation was presented: You have 5 Apache web servers sitting behind a load balancer. They are pegged as far as load and are not responding to page requests within agreed to SLAs. Tell me the steps you'd take to debug the problem.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No Negotiation. Contract provider called next working day (Phone interview was on a Friday) and made an offer which I accepted.