Yahoo Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 23, 2017

3.1

278 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yahoo (Champaign, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

I talked to Yahoo Champaign at the career fair in UIUC and then got the phone interview one week later. During the phone screening, many basic CS related questions are asked related to Java, C++, linux command. Then a simple programming problem, finally the OO design for a chess game.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Yahoo

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2017.

Interview

Two coding questions in the first round. It was a phone interview with a senior engineer. I applied for this job through the career fair and get their response in about one month

Interview Questions

• Two coding questions not easy   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (San Diego, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I'm looking for summer internship. During the meeting, the recruiter ask about my project and work experience and after gaining basic knowledge of what I'm capable, she asked me an algorithm problem 'find missing element in an array'

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yahoo in October 2017.

Interview

I attended my school's career fair and met with one of the recruiters from Yahoo. We decided to schedule an on-campus interview afterwards. The interviewer was pretty nice. He was really passionate about his lifestyle at Yahoo in the Bay area. Then we go into a technical question.

Interview Questions

• Given the head of a LinkedList find the kth to last element in the list.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Very straight forward. Lots of data structure and algorithm question. The interviewers were friendly and helped with the questions. The interview process took couple of hours. Lot's of white boarding. I will suggest practice question on whiteboard. It will help.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yahoo (Ann Arbor, MI) in September 2017.

Interview

It was not quite an interview but a meet-up during a career fair. The recruiter on the scene did not seem to be very knowledgable about the work. He showed no interest to me, and would rather respond to mediocre projects made up by other interviewees.

Interview Questions

• Q: What projects are you interested in Yahoo?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Yahoo (New York, NY).

Interview

1 phone tech screen + 4 rounds on site
    The interview questions are quite typical. You may expect to code on a laptop.
    Based on what I observed, the environment and culture was good(easy, work & life balanced).
     It was not my first time having interview at Yahoo. I would say their HR/recruiters and their management were terrible. They were chewing while talking to you over phone. They could mess up the schedule, forget to follow up, etc. Last thing, you were rejected if they hadn't given you the feedback in 2 days.

Interview Questions

• 3 hour solving problem by coding on computer + 3 rounds of typical white board
      Its difficulty is median.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

First phone screen with a recruiter to gauge interest and teams. Tech phone screen with random engineer, then online coding test. After passing that I had a call with an interested engineer who did a dog and pony show to sell me his team. Onsite with eng team was 5 interviews mostly algorithms and coding. One was front end CSS and HTML questions, the rest were general data structure stuff. Last interview was with the director just chatting about my experience

Interview Questions

• Design a distributed cache and code it on the whiteboard in Java   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview

Yahoo NYC emailed saying they wanted to speak to me on the phone for an interview.
    1st: Phone Call interview, applied for Software Engineer role.
    But role was for a Senior position and told me to look around and find a junior role.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Yahoo (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview was one on one in the Yahoo office in New York. The interviewer was very chill and asked one coding question and some questions about streaming data. The interview went on for 45 mins.

Interview Questions

• Find all combinations of numbers in a given array that add up to a given number.   1 Answer