Yahoo Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 11, 2017

3.1

276 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yahoo (Champaign, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

I talked to Yahoo Champaign at the career fair in UIUC and then got the phone interview one week later. During the phone screening, many basic CS related questions are asked related to Java, C++, linux command. Then a simple programming problem, finally the OO design for a chess game.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Yahoo

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2017.

Interview

Two coding questions in the first round. It was a phone interview with a senior engineer. I applied for this job through the career fair and get their response in about one month

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (San Diego, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I'm looking for summer internship. During the meeting, the recruiter ask about my project and work experience and after gaining basic knowledge of what I'm capable, she asked me an algorithm problem 'find missing element in an array'

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Very straight forward. Lots of data structure and algorithm question. The interviewers were friendly and helped with the questions. The interview process took couple of hours. Lot's of white boarding. I will suggest practice question on whiteboard. It will help.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yahoo (Ann Arbor, MI) in September 2017.

Interview

It was not quite an interview but a meet-up during a career fair. The recruiter on the scene did not seem to be very knowledgable about the work. He showed no interest to me, and would rather respond to mediocre projects made up by other interviewees.

Interview Questions

• Q: What projects are you interested in Yahoo?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Yahoo (New York, NY).

Interview

1 phone tech screen + 4 rounds on site
    The interview questions are quite typical. You may expect to code on a laptop.
    Based on what I observed, the environment and culture was good(easy, work & life balanced).
     It was not my first time having interview at Yahoo. I would say their HR/recruiters and their management were terrible. They were chewing while talking to you over phone. They could mess up the schedule, forget to follow up, etc. Last thing, you were rejected if they hadn't given you the feedback in 2 days.

Interview Questions

• 3 hour solving problem by coding on computer + 3 rounds of typical white board
      Its difficulty is median.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

First phone screen with a recruiter to gauge interest and teams. Tech phone screen with random engineer, then online coding test. After passing that I had a call with an interested engineer who did a dog and pony show to sell me his team. Onsite with eng team was 5 interviews mostly algorithms and coding. One was front end CSS and HTML questions, the rest were general data structure stuff. Last interview was with the director just chatting about my experience

Interview Questions

• Design a distributed cache and code it on the whiteboard in Java   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview

Yahoo NYC emailed saying they wanted to speak to me on the phone for an interview.
    1st: Phone Call interview, applied for Software Engineer role.
    But role was for a Senior position and told me to look around and find a junior role.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Yahoo (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview was one on one in the Yahoo office in New York. The interviewer was very chill and asked one coding question and some questions about streaming data. The interview went on for 45 mins.

Interview Questions

• Find all combinations of numbers in a given array that add up to a given number.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yahoo in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Recruiter reached out and told me that he would like to put resume for a review where hiring managers from different teams will meet and might pick up your resume. A week later I was told my resume was picked by Yahoo Membership team and they want to schedule a technical phone screen.

Phone screen was pretty simple, was asked to reverse linked list in group of k's on coder pad and few basic Javascript and html/css concepts. Interview went well . At the end of the call he asked me to tell my approach how to solve source destination / boarding pass problem.

Recruiter whom I talked prior to my interview was very professional, however interviewer seemed bit off, he showed no interest in talking about my past or current experience and didn't answer any of my questions that I asked about Yahoo.

A day later I received mail from recruiter that he had a little trouble tracking down the feedback, but he was able to receive an answer and Unfortunately, they have decided that my profile isn't the best fit for the team's needs.

Interview Questions

• Reverse linked list in group , what would you say about performance of document.getElementByID, what is event bubbling? how document.create works ?   Answer Question