Yahoo Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Yahoo Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Yahoo

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo in May 2010.

Interview

I applies online and recruiter contacted me next day. First I talked with recruiter and then technical phone screen followed by onsite interview.Onsite interview had 5-6 rounds each 1 hour long. Overall experience was good and interviewees were friendly

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Yahoo

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview

I went to my university job fair and talked to Yahoo recruiter. They were interviewing people the next day and decided to give me a chance. I did not make it through the interview tho because I did a bad job and did not really have enough time to get prepared.

Interview Questions

• Combine two lists of Object with different size into one   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (Sunnyvale, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Hiring process started with a recruiter and then a simple 1:1 phone interview. It was an easy question to solve a BST. Any comp sci student should know all Algos when you are applying to Yahoo!

Interview Questions

• Prove number of nodes in a BST is 2^h - 1, h is height using Mathematical Induction! Huh! I learnt it in school but was fortunate enough to recall   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (Sunnyvale, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Contacted by a hiring manager about an interview. The next week I had a technical phone interview.
    Questions:
    1. List all permutations of a string. E.g.; If you're given abc, the output should be abc, acb, bca, bac, cab, cba.
    2. Fibonacci series - both recursively and iteratively. Tell me which one is better in terms of memory and speed of execution.
    Did not hear back from them even after a month.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yahoo (Sunnyvale, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Interviewed in May 2013, on site with Yahoo for a position of Senior Engineer. Interviewers demonstrated complete and utter no interest. One asked me a question and looked in the ceiling, then got up and went away. Others were similarly disinterested as if it was a formality for them. I think my skills or experience didn't matter at all, and I was discriminated on the basis of race (I am white).

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (Sunnyvale, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

1 phone screen interview, followed by 3 days of 5-people interviews (+lunch interview) in a period of 1-2 weeks. Interviewed with people from 3+ teams different from the one that phone-screened me. Finally the team that phone-screened me hired me.

After I accepted the offer, while wrapping up my work in my previous company, the recruiter asked me to have a letter signed by my previous employer showing that I have completed everything we discussed when I gave them the 2-week notice, which I thought was unusual.

Interview Questions

• Questions were typical coding questions, i.e. shuffle cards, merge sort using files, traversing trees, C++ related questions. One of the interviewers (probably non-technical) asked me a physics brain teaser which was unexpected, I don't remember the details.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Although I got a decent increase from my previous job, I didn't negotiate and later found that I didn't get competitive compensation package. Advice: negotiate!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I interviewed at Yahoo (San Jose, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

I had two phone screens. The first phone screen consisted of coding questions (how to print a singly linked list backwards) and the second phone screen was a conversation with the hiring mgr in which we talked about past projects I have worked on. These phone screens occurred over the course of 2 weeks. Next I was invited on site to speak with 4 people.

After 2 weeks I was told that I was not selected for the position.

Interview Questions

• how to print a singly linked list backwards   3 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Yahoo in June 2014.

Interview

I have only done the phone screening of which I found the engineer to be very polite. He asked me the difference between an array and a linked list. He also asked me two technical questions

Interview Questions

• Find the least common ancestor in a tree where each node points to it's parent.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Interview

Had 1 phone screen then invited to onsite. I felt that Interviewers are not interested in interviewing candidates. Some interviewers told me that he is not sure what to ask as he does not work in the team I was interviewing. worst HR and worst interview process.I was interviewed for back end position but one interviewer was asking front end questions.

Interview Questions

• what are the ways you can submit data to server   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Yahoo (Sunnyvale, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through University Job fair.Yahoo team evaluated my resume and called me onsite for 45 mins screening round.Interview was based on trie data strcuture somewhat similar to Gobble game.
    No contact/email from recruiter after this round even after sending a follow up email.