Yahoo Software QA Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Yahoo Software QA Engineer Interview Questions

2.8

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software QA Engineer Interview

Interview

Straight to the point with the phone screen, no background chatting, no basic concept explaining, just two coding questions to deal with. The whole phone screen process took about one hour.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Yahoo

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Short and rude before I even answered the first question. They acted disinterested in me the entire time. If they thought that I wasn't a good fit then why waste my time and theirs?

Interview Questions

• Bug fix, hot patch questions. Questions on my tech experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (Sunnyvale, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Received email from Yahoo for phone interview. With conformed day and time. After 30 min wait for call, received email she asked for reschedule. And it continues this way 4 times. Finally she called me on 5th attempt. She talked all the time, much more than me...

Software QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo in July 2014.

Interview

3 rounds of phone interviews + 1:1 onsite.
    every phone interview even onsite, recruiter keeping asking how much time you put to coding. I honestly answered that question (as I am working for smaller company, it is project based, we have to do everything from end to end, so I said 50%-60% time for coding )

Interview Questions

• binary search tree, sorting, API, some SQL like questions (they are not using SQL)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Yahoo (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

I was hired as an intern and was converted to full time based on performance. Phone interviews for new college grad are fairly tough. Now, when I look back, I feel like those questions were very basic; but at that stage of my career, they were good questions

Interview Questions

• Some complex DB query requiring multiple joins (don't remember exactly)   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation happened in my case since I was hired as an intern and they were paying fixed hourly amount

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yahoo (Sunnyvale, CA) in September 2009.

Interview

the inverviewer was a technical hiring manager. Unfortunately, I was thinking the first phone interview should be a HR guy. Therefore, I am a little surprised when the guy started to throw technical questions on me.
    The technical questions are not hard. It involves Selenium, Hudson, Test Framework, Interface and Localization.
    I am a little nervous. So, did not perform very well. Should have more practice and preparation.