Yahoo Interview Questions in Sunnyvale, CA | Glassdoor

Yahoo Interview Questions in Sunnyvale, CA

Interviews at Yahoo

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yahoo (Sunnyvale, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

yahoo interview was pretty typical and more traditional. but i know it differs by team. i had a phone interview with an engineering manager and a sr. software engineer. and then i had an onsite interview which consisted of meeting with HR person for like an hour who explained the process and then meeting real people for technical interviews. lunch was provided.

Interview Questions

• some database related questions that i don't exactly remember   Answer Question
    • c/c++ questions that are typical of technical interviews   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

one phone interview and 5 rounds onsite

Interview Questions

• write all combinations of given many arrays.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Yahoo (Sunnyvale, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

I got a internal referral by a friend. Went to SunnyVale for a full day of interviews.

First and second interviews with developers from the team. Third with a product manager.

During lunch someone from recruiting took me to a tour around the office which seemed pretty nice.

After lunch interviews with HR, dev team manager and a tech director. Everything was smooth.

After a few months I heard nothing from Yahoo.

Interview Questions

• All questions were pretty fair. Nifty-gritty details about javascript but nothing outstanding.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yahoo (Sunnyvale, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Was called directly onsite after I met them during the career fair and had 4 interview there.

First interview was completely Algorithms based. Asked around 4-5 coding problems including problems that required one-armed quick sort, binary tree related questions, some bit manipulation and also they start of with 1 or 2 easy recursion based problems maybe to ease your nerves.

Second interview was again algorithms based and the questions were simple but the last 20 mins the interviewer started discussion on java Internals and that got pretty complex.

Third interview was the most fun. He asked me three question all pretty hard and especially the last one which which was to make any given string a palindrome by adding the minimum number of character. Well u have to use DP and if you have seen it before then its easy but it was first time i was solving this. So was fun and challenging.

Last interview was some initial coding which involved hash map based solutions and then followed by design question.

Interview Questions

• Make any given string a palindrome by adding the minimum number of characters.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate. Yahoo is awesome with negotiations. Manager was really great and got the offer that I wanted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Yahoo (Sunnyvale, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

Phone Screen followed by 3 rounds of technical Onsite Interview
    1)Spring AOP

---------------
    Design TIC-TAC-TOE

Function to retun power of a number eg. 2 ^4 =16

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (Sunnyvale, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online for Yahoo Gemini and got a call from Principal Engineer in 3-4 days, requesting for setting up Technical Phone Interview.

1 phone interview : Cleared and got onsite request.
    1 on-site interview : Had 6 rounds each 45 mins. But one guy had to take PTO and ended up having only 5 rounds each 50 mins. 1/5 round was Lunch

Interview Questions

• Phone interview Question: Convert a BST into Doubly Linked List
      Onsite

1st Round: Scaling questions (don't recall them right now, couple of them were related to Kap, DHT, Chord), Sockets, RPC, Reverse Linked List, Circular Linked List, Middle of Linked List.

2nd Round: Coding question. Given an array with unsorted integers, move all even on left side and all odds on right side. After that sort even in increasing order and sort odd in decreasing order

3rd Round: Lunch. Overivew of the team and asking questions about what you are looking for and why are you leaving your current company

4th Round: Coding question.
             1) Write a function which has 2 input (word, random_string), return true if you can construct the word from random_string or else return false. For e.g: "apple", "sxryppaelwb" will return true but "apple", "srxypaelwb" will return false.
             2) Write a function which will sort the input word list into decreasing order of string length only if that word can be constructed from random string.

5th Round: Basic Logical question.
            1) stack increasing decreasing question & code
            2) ps aux | grep "myscript" related question.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Yahoo (Sunnyvale, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through University Job fair.Yahoo team evaluated my resume and called me onsite for 45 mins screening round.Interview was based on trie data strcuture somewhat similar to Gobble game.
    No contact/email from recruiter after this round even after sending a follow up email.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Two phone calls both technical, asking SQL questions and simple tree traversal questions. Also asked scenario questions and how I would analyze the data and go about solving the problem. About a week later I got an email to be brought on site. They pay for airfare, good, and taxis. Once I got there (on Friday for "Yahoo Days"), I did a coding challenge then talked to three members of the team I was applying for. There was a mixer at the end of the day where you're able to talk with other applicants and some employees. My interview was not technically intensive, but others who were interviewing said there interview was almost all coding questions.

Interview Questions

• Basic tree traversal questions with an alteration to a red black tree   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yahoo (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

The event is called Yahoo! Day, in which almost all candidates are new grads. There were three one-hour technical interviews. The interviewers are all very polite and nice. However in my case Yahoo's recruiters are not professional at all. After the onsite interview I sent them 5 emails to follow up but got zero reply. It has been almost 2 months now.

Interview Questions

• Assume you are designing a CocoaPod package managing system. Try to illustrate how you would resolve package dependencies.   1 Answer
    • Given a set of true statements, for example "A = B", "A = C", "C = E", and a set of false statements, like "A != C", "B != E". Test if the overall result is true.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I interviewed at Yahoo (Sunnyvale, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Robbed me of two months of my time! The interview process was straightforward - apply online; get called within a week for phone screen and then onsite interviews within the next two weeks. Then followed the hellacious deal over the decision process.

The onsite interviews were very easy when compared to other interviews. Three rounds of 45 minutes each and that was not that bad. And one was completely behavioral and resume oriented questions such as explain about the project, its architecture. One of the interviewers were informal and I did like the candid reply of "Yeah, my work is monotonous". Thought that I did good in my interviews. Got news from my friends that they received reject whereas I did not. A month passed and mailed the HR asking for the decision, no reply. The same HR sent the mail for reimbursement but did not bother to reply to my query. Finally, another recruiter contacted me where I had to inquire about my decision and it seems that they pursued with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Straighten out a json to a one level list.   1 Answer
    • Design patterns. Design a paint brush application and more in detail with respect to design pattern.   Answer Question
    • Phone Interview: Linked list class in Java with all operations. Codeshare.   Answer Question